Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up w/ Joe & Rick (and of course our MUCH better halves) for a grillout on Saturday (thanks grill master Joe) and hatched this plan. Rick's going to talk to ACC about a shop tour etc... and I'm going to plan the mountain drive to Dehlonega for lunch at this wonderful Italian place. Date is scheduled to be Oct. 10th, time to be determined. Mark your calendars!! More details to follow.

http://www.piazza-restaurant.com/index.html

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Giving this a bump to you ATL area members.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I'll try to be there (schedule not out until the mid of Sept), but I'll either be in a Sedan or a BMW. I promise to park down the street...

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Not sure how I missed this, thanks for the bump. I'll email the Atlanta members I have on file. I'll mark my calendar!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll email the Atlanta members I have on file. I'll mark my calendar!
Thanks Ken.

this sounds great, i will be there for sure. ACC has an awesome shop! i'd love to take a tour of it.
Yeah a great dealership, last time we met there they had refreshnents & goody bags, but that was pre-recession, they've had to let a # of people go. Had a messgae from Rick and they're getting something ready for us. More info to follow.

PS - Rick is looking (and feeling) great after his surgery!!!:tu:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Gents - assuming I *happened* to show up at the Atlanta airport early on the morning of the 10th, anyone got a spare seat? :p

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Gents - assuming I *happened* to show up at the Atlanta airport early on the morning of the 10th, anyone got a spare seat? :p
Now that I have a back seat, I think we can pick you up...

As of today, I'm working the 10th, but if John comes, I'll drop the trip!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this sounds great, i will be there for sure. ACC has an awesome shop! i'd love to take a tour of it.
Woo Hoo, another RED SLK!

Now that I have a back seat, I think we can pick you up...

As of today, I'm working the 10th, but if John comes, I'll drop the trip!
John, sounds like you need to get your arse to ATL on the 10th.

This sounds like a fun trip! Count me and my wife in. This will be our first SLK meet and looking forward to meeting everyone.
Looks like this is building to an great meet!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An update, just talked to Rick and ACC will be ready for us on Oct. 10th w/ a tour and other undisclosed things. Plan is to meet at ACC at 11:00 am and after that head up to Dahlonega for a nice Italian lunch. ACC is asking for ~ # of people and that will also help me w/ the lunch reservations. If you could let me know ASAP that would be great, but # doesn't have to be exact if you find out at the last minute you can make it. Also if 11:00 doesn't work for a number of people we can adjust if you let us know soon.R)

PS - Great news, Rick got a clean bill of health today from his Doc so he's back to full ops!:tu:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I should be in. Don't think I have anything on the calendar for the 10th. I'll have the blue ghost all shined up and ready to roll!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I'm in as well, either arriving late Friday night or early Saturday morning - just waiting to see what I can get a seat on outta lovely Houston.

David - what am I looking at time wise to get from ATL to ACC assuming I can't get a seat until Sat am?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm in as well, either arriving late Friday night or early Saturday morning - just waiting to see what I can get a seat on outta lovely Houston.

David - what am I looking at time wise to get from ATL to ACC assuming I can't get a seat until Sat am?
John,

Traffic shouldn't be too bad on Sat. AM. I'm 5-10 minutes from ACC (NE metro) and it takes me 45-50 minutes to get to the airport on the south side using I-85 through downtown. ACC is directly off I-85 at GA315/Boggs Rd.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like it's shaping up to be a good one. So far:
dlt + 1
M Joe +1
Rick +1
Ken +1 1/2
vkash
FlyingB +1
gc55
baker +1
John
DJ ?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm free on the 10th. At the risk of sounding foolish, what is ACC? Will talk to the bride and see if she wants to join in the festivities
Atlanta Classic Cars, a MB dealership in NE area off I-85. A # of us got our SLKs there and there're setting up a tour etc... for us.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts