Mercedes SLK World banner

Which one do you like best?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are just a few ideas I whipped up for ATL's SLK logo.

Please vote or post your own ideas and feedback is always welcome.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I'm really liking Tummy's.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Wow. Nice work Tummy!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
ditto on tummy's.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Tummy wins, forget the vote, we should use it. Great job Tummy.
Ken, I think this says it all, looks like we've got our ATL logo. Great work Tummy!!:rb

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Vkash1208 thank you very much for spearheading this initiative and volunteering to get the ball rolling on this! Great job on all the designs!

Tummy I'll send you a PM.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Tummy, nice, beautiful, brilliant logo!

However two issues:

#1. Check with AMG, as they may have a huff about your use of their trademark look, better to be safe.

#2. I would not join a club with that logo. It smacks of a club that would cater to the AMG's and ignore those of us with "lesser" models. Those of us who could afford but did not want the AMG, and those of use who could not afford but did want the AMG models will not appreciate the reminder and want to have that on our car.

Notice that all the people who like it own at least one AMG model.

My suggestion: Something that ties it in with SLK's and not just AMG's.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Tummy, nice, beautiful, brilliant logo!

However two issues:

#1. Check with AMG, as they may have a huff about your use of their trademark look, better to be safe.

#2. I would not join a club with that logo. It smacks of a club that would cater to the AMG's and ignore those of us with "lesser" models. Those of us who could afford but did not want the AMG, and those of use who could not afford but did want the AMG models will not appreciate the reminder and want to have that on our car.

Notice that all the people who like it own at least one AMG model.

My suggestion: Something that ties it in with SLK's and not just AMG's.
1. Might be good to check but then look at all the non-AMGs that have the ///AMG badge slapped on their tails.

2. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but our group is very laid back and we welcome anyone (even 911s :D). A number of people who responded to this do not have AMGs including the OP & Tummy.

I wasn't planning on putting it on my car, shirts and hats is what comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
1. Might be good to check but then look at all the non-AMGs that have the ///AMG badge slapped on their tails.

2. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but our group is very laid back and we welcome anyone (even 911s :D). A number of people who responded to this do not have AMGs including the OP & Tummy.

I wasn't planning on putting it on my car, shirts and hats is what comes to mind.

Yes, once you know you, I am just saying, you want the logo to attract new people out there and make them want to belong and ask what the club is about.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Well, I liked the take on the AMG logo. I've never really been offended by AMG owners, or not made to feel like I was part of the club - must be a southern thing - we make everyone welcome! :)

(well, except for the M3 owners, who globally seem to define the word "wanker" when found in groups)

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Well, I liked the take on the AMG logo. I've never really been offended by AMG owners, or not made to feel like I was part of the club - must be a southern thing - we make everyone welcome! :)

(well, except for the M3 owners, who globally seem to define the word "wanker" when found in groups)
Oooh, and I've been looking at M3s. Was keeping it to myself. Guess they're off the list now... :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts