Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saludos to all ... just want to thank Dave and Joe for putting together the great Atlanta meet today ... it was a pleasure to meet those that attended ... sorry we missed a couple of folks that intended to be there but last minutes events prevented them from doing so...

I enjoyed learning about and seeing the tuning work of the techs at the Buckhead MB dealer ... awesome work these guys do! ... also learned some about the SMART car, which this MB dealer also happens to sell ... neat little set of wheels, especially the RennTech outfitted model for $30K ...

Got meet some wives and the special person of the day was little Ken, what a darling of a boy ... he has a very funny cow joke ... ask him about it next time we get together ...

Well, again muchas gracias for the experience ... it was truly fun ... ciao,

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Saludos to all ... just want to thank Dave and Joe for putting together the great Atlanta meet today ... it was a pleasure to meet those that attended ... sorry we missed a couple of folks that intended to be there but last minutes events prevented them from doing so...

I enjoyed learning about and seeing the tuning work of the techs at the Buckhead MB dealer ... awesome work these guys do! ... also learned some about the SMART car, which this MB dealer also happens to sell ... neat little set of wheels, especially the RennTech outfitted model for $30K ...

Got meet some wives and the special person of the day was little Ken, what a darling of a boy ... he has a very funny cow joke ... ask him about it next time we get together ...

Well, again muchas gracias for the experience ... it was truly fun ... ciao,
Any photos?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi etyu ... yes, Admin took some shots and I'm sure they'll be posted soon ... some awesome RennTech mods were taking place in that tuning shop ... my first time seeing such things, heck I didn't even know what "tuning" meant - at least not in the terms used now - until I joined the group ... before than, I just thought "tuning" meant a tune up job :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On way home from the meet, there was a traffic jam on highway 400 for about 2 miles due to a brush fire ... my eyes feasted on a Maz Granturismo S en route ... the "rumble" of that car was candy to my ears ... first time seeing/hearing one in person ... but after getting out of the jam the road was clear, of traffic and cops, so for the first time I put the peddle to the metal and took the ride up to 115 mph R)

... God, what a rush ... never experienced that before in a car (I'm 55 years old, now) ... what a feeling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Photos as requested, it was a great meet!!:tu: Ken & Stacy have more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
Had a GREAT time at our meet today and it was very nice meeting everyone. I want to thank David, Joe and Ken for pulling all this together for us.

The guys at the MB dealership had some awesome high performance cars for us to drool over. Errrrr ummm...anyone count the number of headers on the floor when we left? I think Joe walked a lil funny on the way to his car :)

David - Kudos to you for picking an awesome restaurant.

Thanks again,
Dave

·
Registered
539 Posts
Glad everyone had such a good time! That dealership does so much tuning and it was fun to see how excited those guys get about there work.

Also, I thought Zuffy's was a perfect place to bring the group...good food and quiet with great company!! Good Choice Dave!

Me no takey any headers!!!:hail: I would've tried until I realized ya need two of the darn things!!!!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had a blast at the meetup....was a pleasure to meet everybody. The downside? The wife is now not so impressed with the 350....thinks she needs to go with a modified 55....I brought her, so I guess I played with fire and got burned. We can't wait for the next meetup!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Just wanted to thank MB of Buckhead once again for the hospitality and the education for some of us gear heads!!! These guys know there sheet!!!:hail:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Woops, almost forgot that RED Rocket Dave will absolutley not get any tuning work done on his 55 for sure! How do I know this??? Because he swore he would never change the stock wheels on his car either!!!:biglaugh:

Hey Dave....don't you owe me a beer???:biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Woops, almost forgot that RED Rocket Dave will absolutley not get any tuning work done on his 55 for sure! How do I know this??? Because he swore he would never change the stock wheels on his car either!!!:biglaugh:

Hey Dave....don't you owe me a beer???:biglaugh:
Actually, I'm going to get a quote for headers, ECU, and LSD, I can smell the plastic burning as I type!!!:biglaugh:

No, I owe you dinner which is why you guys will be over to the casa this month!!:bannana:

PS, everyone liked the new alloys!!:tu:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Actually, I'm going to get a quote for headers, ECU, and LSD, I can smell the plastic burning as I type!!!:biglaugh:

No, I owe you dinner which is why you guys will be over to the casa this month!!:bannana:

PS, everyone liked the new alloys!!:tu:
I knew it!!!!!!:hail: Don't forget to send me a PM on the quote ok?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
More Atlanta Meeting Pics

Sorry for the delay, but here are some of the pics we took. Thanks again everyone who put this together. It was nice to just have to show up!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
More pics from Atlanta SLK Club

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Thanks for the pics Ken, you worry about SLKWorld, Joe and I will take care of ATL!!!:tu:

PS - Joe wants 19" rims as well!!!!:biglaugh:

PPS, Kenny Jr. gets bigger by the day!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts