Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's Feb. and weather can still be iffy we are going w/ an indoor event. So...

R)We'll start out by meeting at Mercedes Benz of Buckhead at 11:00AM where Joe has arranged for Kevin Ingold, their performance division manager, to provide us insight about the in-house tuning they do on various MB models and engines. Tuning such as Kleeman, Brabus, Renntech, Carlsson, Etc. We'll also get a tour of their facility and showroom. (Joe feel free to add anything I missed.)

http://www.mercedesofbuckhead.com/

:Beer:After this we will head off to Zuffy's Place for an enjoyable lunch. Many types of food available for all shapes and sizes with a good amount of Cajun recipes on the menu. Eija and I have frequented Zuffy's (and before it Fuzzy's) for a dozen years so I'm pretty sure I can get them to set off part of the parking lot for us.

http://www.zuffys.com/

PS - And don't worry, no pole dancing on Saturday afternoons!!!:biglaugh:

Please let us know yea or nea and if yea # of people. Thanks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Dave, I think you hit all the high spots! I've met with kevin before! I have also talked via e-mail with several of his customers. They do performance work all day long. All were happy!!

Should be fun and educational.

The big questions are: Is DJ getting closer to surprising us with his new ride? Will Shelton show up this time? Will Big Rick show up in the new Black Vette? Will Ken ever shed the "P" car and come over to the dark side? Isn't Randy sick of that burly SUV yet? And lastly when will Daves Red Rocket break 5K miles?:biglaugh:

See ya soon,

Joe

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If anyone is interested, I made a flyer that you can put on the windshield of any SLK's you come across between now and then to join us. It would be great if the dealership would email their SLK customers too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An update:

Went to Zuffy's today to meet the manager to arrange the lunch. We are scheduled for arrival at 1:00 - 1:30 for 20 people but this can be changed up or down. They are going to block off the front parking lot for us w/ a space for up to 17 cars. We will have clear view of the cars from our dining location so no worries!!:tu:

Brother Joe;
We are headed to Peru on Tuesday (2nd) so I gave the manager your name & cell #, I'll get her contact info (PM) to you before I leave. We should have e-mail access down there but could be spotty.

Should be a great car & eat day!!:rockon:

·
Registered
29 Posts
uh-oh...just got a check engine light! Will make a call and see if I can get the blue ghost in for a look-see tomorrow. I am hoping she will be alright for the 27th and, given that the date is still a few weeks out, she should be good to go. But until I get an update on her health...I am out. GRRRR...

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
uh-oh...just got a check engine light! Will make a call and see if I can get the blue ghost in for a look-see tomorrow. I am hoping she will be alright for the 27th and, given that the date is still a few weeks out, she should be good to go. But until I get an update on her health...I am out. GRRRR...
Check the fuel cap first, make sure it isn't loose or mal-aligned when closed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not driving my Ford Ranger...I'll never keep up!

It's in for a looksee. Gas cap was on securely...unfortunately.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Code P2767. MB also issued a Technical Service Bulletin acknowledging that a part in the transmission was built out of tolerance. I will get a copy of the TSB and post it on the site later.

Warranty just lapsed last August...grrr!!!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not driving my Ford Ranger...I'll never keep up!
Not much driving this meet, it's about 2 miles from the dealerhip to Zuffy's. Sorry to hear about the tranny code.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just giving this a bump as to car and head counts.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Called and e-mailed Shelton, but haven't heard back yet.

I got a call from Rick today though, he and Gina are coming in the new "Vette" and of course Lori and I are in.

Anybody keeping track of the head count yet?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anybody keeping track of the head count yet?
Greetings all from that WiFi hell known as Peru, got a good signal now so here goes:

Joe +1
dlt +1
mrjad + ?
dj + ?
ken + ?
Jankets +?
GC55 + ?
Rick +1

Ken, can you send the ATL group a reminder, thanks.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts