Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe & I are starting to plan the next ATL meet and decided to get the date out to people ASAP so they can get it on their calendars. So save the day, Saturday June 26th!!! Weather should be decent (barring rain) and most of the pollen should be gone so format will involve at least driving and EATING!!! No firm activities planned yet so all suggestions are welcome.

Ken, please send to your ATL e-mail list and please sticky this, thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds good ...
Will be coming from Augusta ...
My wife and I will make a weekend out of it ...
May even take in a Braves game...
they play at home that weekend ..

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
What about doing a dyno day? Is there a dyno in Atlanta we could get time on?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about doing a dyno day? Is there a dyno in Atlanta we could get time on?
That's a good idea and yes there are some in ATL area. I'll talk to them about club events and price, then see if folks are interested.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any updates on what we might be in store for?

Sorry for the delay, was working on the dyno day theme but that has just been nixed (yesterday) due to date and price (took them forever to decide). Now looking at other options.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, sorry for the delay. The plan is that we're off to Germany... OK just a replica... The plan is to meet at the Georgia Dinner at 10:00 AM, for a coffee hit, on Pleasant Hill Rd. just off I-85 and then road trip up to Helen, GA (looks like a Bavarian villiage thus the Germany thing) for lunch. Afterwords everyone can cruise the Helen shops at their leisure or if people want I can map out a "spirited" romp through the N. GA mountain twisties.R)

PS- Site of lunch will be determined by # of people coming so please give a "yea or nea" + # of people ASAP. Hope to see alot of y'all at this one!!:tu:

More details to come as this developes.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You know I'm in! Just waiting to hear if Lori will be with me. Stand by.

And for all who do not know, I drove Daves "Red Rocket" with all his recent mods!!!:hail: And yes, its faster than the "Black Pearl":( For now!:biglaugh:

See ya'll on the 26th!:Beer:

Joe

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
update!!

Time for an update of the day's activities and there have been some changes and additions.

1. We are going to meet at Atlanta Classics Cars at 10:00AM, seems like they have just installed a new coffee shop Cafe "thingy."
www.atlantaclassiccars.com

We'll spend about an hour there and then head up towards Helen. It will take us about 1 1/2 hours to get there using as much 2-lane roads as feasible. Will be setting up a couple of meeting points along the way for those who want to join mid trip, details to follow.R)

Just outside of Helen "proper" is the Habersham Wineries where we will stop for some wine tasting! www.habershamwinery.com/:ch:

Then after that we will head into Helen for lunch at the Troll Tavern at around 2:00. www.trolltavern.com :Banane35:
Afterwords people can roam around Helen or head back at their own leisure.

I will need a head count for both the tasting and lunch so if you haven't posted you attendance previously I would appreciate it if you did so ASAP. Thanks and hope to see you on the 26th.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Not sure on your headcount but count me in for two :)
Hopefully the weather holds up. We've been getting a lot of rain.

Enjoy your week,
Dave

1 - 20 of 52 Posts