Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The event started off by meeting at an Alpharetta starbucks. Met with DJ and new member gc55 and his Capri blue '06 55 (pic 1, 3rd from left). Started to saddle up for the trip north when an E63 (I think) who was not cruising decided to impress the crowd with a big :burnout:. Unfortunately for him a officer was sitting directly across the road and we don't think this was by accident?? They lights go on and when we leave and go past they had him in cuffs! Don't know more but will let you know. OK, back to the ride, we head up 400 and eventually get off for a "pit" stop (pic 2) and gather all back together. Wind our way though the N. GA. woods and mountains (pic 3) where it gets interesting. Some of these guys have done this before because they begin "attacking" the switch backs and I mean hard. My tires and brakes are now fully broken in. Don't ask me how fast I was taking the curves because I had no time to look at the speedo. It was intense and a blast. Had Lunch at the lodge (pic 4, view from lodge, pic 5 & 6, various AMGsin 6 Easty's in front, CLK 63 black far end) then some went on and others headed home. In all a great day, can't wait for the next one. Plus the ATL AMG group is going to plan a track day in the near future!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is pic #3 (don't know why it didn't upload), through the mountains plus a couple more.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John mate, It was 75F and a few high clouds, absolutely beautiful. Though we did forget the sunscreenCan you say sunburn in April!!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, I see Scott, the AMG chief editor for the PL was their. He has some nice pics posted.
Yep, he brought the CLK black.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Must be nice. Wonder if he owns it or if a company car. R)
I think company, he had to get it back Sat. eve., if I heard correctly. But don't quote me.;)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
It was a fun day, Nice to meet again David.. The afternoon was a nice pace and some good switch backs.. I came up from Atlanta and did some of the blue ridge parkway today.. Awesome weekend..

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a fun day, Nice to meet again David.. The afternoon was a nice pace and some good switch backs.. I came up from Atlanta and did some of the blue ridge parkway today.. Awesome weekend..
As Eija said, great to see Brian again! We actually took a wrong turn on the way home and got "lost" and we ran many more switchbacks! Ended up in Helen "a Bavarian replica town" and HAD to stop for a weisbeer and then home. Like I've said, I'm fine with getting "lost" in the 55!!:bannana:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, I just joined this forum today. Would have been fun to join you for the cruise. Looks like you had a great time!
We have a ATL SLK group growing that has get togethers, introduce your self and join the fun!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nicely done, ATL! It's a rush getting together with like-minded enthusiasts, isn't it?!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
John mate, It was 75F and a few high clouds, absolutely beautiful. Though we did forget the sunscreenCan you say sunburn in April!!:biglaugh:
By looking at those pictures, I can just imagine the scent of freshly cut grass (but I wouldn't imagine hearing any birds because they'd disappear at the slightest sound of AMG growl).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts