Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Camaro Causes Huge Wreck on Freeway

Tim Linton purchased his dashcam just in time to capture this awful crash on the New York State Thruway. You can hear the driver narrate the happenings in real time. No one was reportedly hurt, and the video was turned over to police.

For Ipad users:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=149&v=pA7BASFqXIw

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Both to blame in a way , the Camaro for trying to undertake and then going on the shoulder and the pickup , in a way as well , for trapping him in with the lorry to wind him up , for trying to undertake him ...when will we learn that cars are not something to play with and take lightly on public roads ??

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
good grief.. that was awful!:surprise:
All too often we find lorries or vans overtaking other lorries, but without enough oomph to get on by as quickly as they should... this time it presumably proved fatal !

phew... need a hot toddy to calm my shredded nerves... :wink:

·
AND MABEL
13,806 Posts
Happens here quite a lot, where someone decides to play games and hold you back because you're travelling quicker than them. This incident is the perfect example of what can happen when the blocked driver becomes frustrated.
Closing up to the car in front to prevent you getting back in when you're overtaking is another game this sort of driver plays. Could easily cause a head on collision, and yet they see it as they're policing the road by preventing you from speeding even if you aren't. IDIOTS!!!

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
On viewing the film for a second time... I see things a bit differently now

The Camaro suddenly appears out of nowhere... racing up on the inside track, moving fast past the guy filming, obviously intending to overtake from the inside... which is a NO, NO... I believe.:surprise:

Trying unsuccessfully to turn into the outside track ahead of the van, the Camaro then settles too close behind and continues to harass it..

At this point, no doubt both drivers were furious.

I could wish the lorry driver, on the inside, had slowed a little.. so that the van could turn into the inside lane.. but that didn't happen and anyway the van driver might well have been pigheaded enough to stay outside no matter what!

So, in my view...the Camaro instigated the whole thing.. compounding one dangerous move with another and finally wrecking all three vehicles when he went up the central reservation.

But that is merely my take on this...:wink: and I'm only a girl...0:)0:)

I would be interested to know what the final outcome was....

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Too much aggression from both (Camaro & pickup) drivers, IMHO... although the Camaro driver may have been aggressive by undertaking in the first place, the pickup driver certainly appears to deliberately block him, resulting in further aggression and frustration, and a terrible accident that could so easily have been avoided... if only emotion could have been kept a little calmer.

To me, this is a perfect example of why we should try to remain calm while driving, otherwise many people are put in danger, whether they are to blame or not.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
According to a news report..... "The driver of the Camaro was arrested afterwards and charged with DWI. Police say his blood alcohol content was .19 percent.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I think the driver of the pickup, should of gotten out of the way, but to me the only person really at fault was the Camaro driver. Passing on a shoulder that is paved is risky enough, but on one that is not is down right stupid, unless you the Bandit from Atlanta GA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts