Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted a black SL (R230) with black interior and the top down on the way to the store. :whistle: 😁:D

A deadly heat wave was headed to Arizona on Thursday, lasting through Saturday night. Experts warned residents to stay safe and take extra precautions, as record-breaking temperatures and dryness are expected for the upcoming days.
"This heat is rare, and dangerous and deadly," said James Sawtelle, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Phoenix.
The extremely hot temperatures will have a good chance of setting a couple of daily record highs for late July, according to Sawtelle.
Thursday broke the daily record at 116 degrees Fahrenheit around 2:30 p.m., exceeding the 115 degree record that was set in 1934, according to a Tweet by the weather service.
At 4 p.m., temperatures reached 118 degrees, creating a new daily record.
The last time Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport hit 118 degrees was July 7, 2017, according to the weather service, which added that Thursday tied for the sixth warmest day on record.
On June 26, 1990, Phoenix hit 122 degrees, the hottest temperature ever recorded in the city.
Friday is also expected to hit 116 degrees, exceeding the previous record of 115 degrees.

·
Registered No SLK anymore
255 Posts
I had just moved to Phoenix in June of 1990 when about two weeks later the temperature hit 122. They shut down Sky Harbor airport for a few hours because the air density altitude was off the chart. As a pilot, at that time I had never heard of an airport being shut down for that reason before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts