Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am capt p. Eric august in orlando fl. I am a retired usmc fighter pilot and we ahve a 2002 slk 320. I bought it for my wife on valntines days. It blonged to a woman who put desiel fuel into the tank somehow and destoryed the engine and drive train so the insurance company totaled it. We bought it after the factory had put a new engine and transmission and only had 22thousand miles for 14k. I want to change the oil my self! I have a mann fleece filter 12 qts of 0w 40 and a hand pump tool ot remove the old oil however i have no instructions on how to remove the filter replace the orings correctly. I have gone to may sights asking for someone to give me video or pics that show exactly how to do this simple task but to no avial. I am hoping someone here can send me to the right web site or give me the assisatnce i am asking for????
Respectfully submitted
capt p. Eric august usmc ret
[email protected]

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Hi and welcome from Virginia. This is a great group and someone with 170 experience will reply and answer your question.

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sir; thank you for all your recommendations and assistance. I am not that good with computer programs so it will take me some time to be able to know what , where, when i should do when useing the web site so excuse me for the errors.
The one post from one gentleman gave me exactly what iw as hoping to receive and will extremely helpful for changing my oil & filter. I am hoping the web site he obtained the info from is readily avialble for future use??
Respectfully submitted
capt p. Eric august usmc ret
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
The oil and filter change on the 320 is quite simple and no special tools are required. The vehice must be up on ramps or over a pit to give sufficient clearance to get underneath the front of the car. I am fortunate in having a walk in pit in the garage.

Once the aforementioned is achieved you will need to remove the plastic sump protection by use of a ten millometer spanner or preferably socket. Once this is removed the you will have access to the sump plug for which I believe (off the top of my head)you will need a 17mm spanner or socket. Place a container directly underneath to catch the spent oil being careful to the oil being hot, it is wiser to firstly let the car cool down if it has been used.

With the bonnet (hood) up the filter is located at the front near side (driver side to left hand drive vehicles) and has a wrench type removal. Simply unscrew and remove the filter being careful to contain the droplets of spent oil.

Clean the oil filter holder sufficiently and lightly oil the 'O' ring when replacing with new oil filter and replace.

Refit the sump plug when sufficiently drained ensuring the sump plug copper washer is in good condition replace if necessary.

Fill with new oil to recommended standards and quantities contained within the vehicle handbook. I personnally would start the vehicle up checking for leaks before re-fitting the sump guard however, thats down to preferance.

When the engine is warm turn off and await the motor to cool down. Dip the oil to check quantity and adjust as necessary.

Should take you 30 to 45 minutes good luck.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I have just worked out that is 8 litres of oil!!!!!!

That's about £70 on amazon!!! In Mobil 1 0-40 fully synthetic!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts