Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ashtray/console assembly is loose. Has anyone have this happen to them? Your thoughts I need to buy and where to get it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SLK TRAY.jpg

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,082 Posts
moving to r170 general discussion

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was looking at this area the other day. I was thinking about other electronics of some sort maybe... can't fit much in that little shelf and if I do have something in there I can't take it out unless the car is in drive! my hand don't fit in there if the car is in park so I don't use it.... maybe add an EQ or something!!!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Just had my whole dash/console all apart last week to paint it. The chrome trim around shifter pops out allowing you to pull out the carbon fibre "plate" with window buttons on it. That should give you access to the ash tray screws I think. The tabs have broken off the ash tray which is why its flopping around like that. If you can find the busted off bits you can probably glue them back on. There are some pretty amazing adhesive products out there. I just bought one called "mitre bond". Not sure if they have it down where you are or not but just find the smelliest most instant cancer causing stuff and it usually works wonders. lol

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Many people have created modifications for that section of the console. As well as replacing the cup holders with a coin drawer. You're only limited by your imagination ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.