Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 SLC 43 AMG arrived at MB of Westwood yesterday. I took a quick zoom up to the dealership & the styling is much more stunning in the SLC 43 AMG flesh. I'll give you all on honest review in comparison to my 2013 SLK 55 AMG when I trade in the Black Widow next week. I think the first comparison, V8 vs Bi-turbo 6 will be obvious.

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Does it have the performance package? Is the front lower air dam "splitter" an option or comes standard?

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it have the performance package? Is the front lower air dam "splitter" an option or comes standard?
Hi Etyu Hope all is well. I did add the P30 performance pkg. The lower front air dam splitter is standard on the AMG SLC 43 which sets it apart from the other SLC trim. You do have the option of the Black Out pkg This pkg makes mostly all the silver bits on the car a gloss black & flat black paint. So the silver splitter would be black but also the exhaust bits & exhaust lower facia are blacked out. Since I went with obsidian black I needed a little contrast, but that's just me. I did choose the multi-spoke wheels but instead of the entire wheel being silver the inside "fan blades" are gloss black....love the focus being on the face of the thin silver spokes. Let me know if you have any other option Q's. Thanks for asking! BobbySLK

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Hi Etyu Hope all is well. I did add the P30 performance pkg. The lower front air dam splitter is standard on the AMG SLC 43 which sets it apart from the other SLC trim. You do have the option of the Black Out pkg This pkg makes mostly all the silver bits on the car a gloss black & flat black paint. So the silver splitter would be black but also the exhaust bits & exhaust lower facia are blacked out. Since I went with obsidian black I needed a little contrast, but that's just me. I did choose the multi-spoke wheels but instead of the entire wheel being silver the inside "fan blades" are gloss black....love the focus being on the face of the thin silver spokes. Let me know if you have any other option Q's. Thanks for asking! BobbySLK
I do very much like/prefer the multi spoke wheels (looks like 14-spoke), and I also like the 10-spoke ones found on the AMG-GT(S).

Looking forward to how you like/compare the handling/performance and exhaust notes vs. the SLK55.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Are those red callipers standard on the SLC43? Are they the same as on the 55 but coloured?
There must be a heap of people wanting to have their 55 callipers in red. Problem: the AMG logo on the fronts will need a fix, but if MB has taken care of that in the new SLC ...

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are those red callipers standard on the SLC43? Are they the same as on the 55 but coloured?
There must be a heap of people wanting to have their 55 callipers in red. Problem: the AMG logo on the fronts will need a fix, but if MB has taken care of that in the new SLC ...
Hi JM. The red calipers are part of the P30 Performance pkg I added. I had the P30 pkg on both my 2012 & 2013 SLK 55AMG except the calipers were gloss grey. P30 includes AMG suspension, slip differential, red calipers, AMG steering wheel, IWC clock.

Plan to do the swap sometime this week if I can break away from business for a while,

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
That splitter looks serious. It's good to see that the AMG looks "more different" from the regular version, like it does on some of the other Mercedes models.

Your first pictures look very promising!! :tu: Curious to hear the full review.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Can't believe they have gone back to those wheels, such a pain to clean...but at least they are black inside.

Funny, having seen and tested this at Mercedes Benz world I must say the front is stunning but I am not a fan of the rear. The complete opposite of mine!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.