Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to put the top down last night....and she no work! :mad:

The all the windows went down and trunk start opening about a 1/3 of the way than just stopped. It did not seem slow like you would see if there was a hydro leak. Luckily I got it back closed. Since I am in Florida where it rains allot, I didn't want to mess with it. The strange thing, there was no error flashing on the button. I know the last time I had problems it flashed (had some cylinders replaced. )

So since my dealer is open on Sundays I decided to go down today and try to mess with it again. Figured if it gets stuck open, at least I am at the dealer.

Well did not even open this time. The windows went down and that was about it. But this time the small triangle windows did not come up. So drove it right in to the service bay.

Not sure if it is a hydro or mechanical (or electrical) problem. Again the top button was not flashing. If there is a leak, not sure were it is. Did not see any hydro fluid in the trunk. Those are still the old cylinders (the ones in the roof are new).

Well at least they gave me a nice loaner!

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,423 Posts
Hopefully he'll have it fixed before next month! Probably the dreaded K40 relay problem!

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well got the estimate from the dealer....ouch! Both the rear cylinders were leaking like crazy...and they are last original ones in the car.

The dealer wanted wayyy to much for the replacement parts. I could get them cheaper, much cheaper. But if I supplied the parts, they could not warranty the work. They usually give a year unlimited warranty on parts and labor. So I had some negotiating to do.

Got them to drop the cost of the parts enough that I can live with. So the wait is on. At least I still have that nice new loaner car!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts