Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL, I am! My next car is going to be the CLK. I wish SLK would go four
seater next time they re-design the car. Tell me your Oppinion on this.F) Don't get me rung, I love the SLK , I just wished I could put more people in there.:tazz:

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Not really on days where I have to carry multiple passenger i use my BMW :)

But that new E-Coupe/CLK is looking really good that I may have to replace my SLK for it. Only if the convertible is a hard-top convertible though....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too, I am hopping CLK go with hard-top. But if this was your only car, would you still keep it?:confused::burnout:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Two seaters feel very different to 4 seaters imo, so no I like only two seats and the sportier feel it gives. Four seaters need fixed roof imo otherwise its wobble wobble and I really really hate that. I dismissed every 4 seat convert and because of that I had to buy two cars, not sure I would have a 2 seater as my only car though.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Nope. Love it.

SLK should remain a 2-seater IMO. There are plenty od four-seat folding roof cars about, some of them are Mercs..

BTW, we also have a 7-seater for the times when we need to cabby a few bodies about...

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
SLK should remain two seater, I was in an SL500 the other day it felt more like a CL than an SLK. I am glad that the SLK is sporty, I think next up for me is a set of coil overs as I think the current suspension is too high.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
If this was my only car, would I keep it? At my age, and with kids, no. But for many years of my young adulthood, I only drove two-seaters. And I've almost always had several cars, so ONE with two seats is perfect. The SLK isn't meant to be a family sedan, and I hope they never change it. And I think you solved you own quandary. MB makes the CLK, just for that purpose. BTW, the BMW 335 Ci is also very nice, with a hardtop and a back seat...

D

·
0 Posts
Nah 2 seats all the way, its a proper roadster and you don't see many of them with 4 seats.

Totally agree with Legin on the scuttle shake, a car with 4 proper seats would need to be longer so you would either have to brace it with a ladder and add weight or it would twist, thats not to say anything is wrong with 4 seat drop-top's they just tend to be more for cruising than throwing around.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
That's what that Large trunk is for!!!:biglaugh:

Put the kido's there and tell them to duck when you put the top down!:butt: LOL

2 seater all the way!!!:burnout:

SLKman:tu:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hmmm - I'm in the 'leave it as a 2 seat, hard top" camp. Would I have it as an only car? Probably not, I opted for a C Sport Coupe in the UK mainly because I could not justify having two cars.

Stateside, I've always got the parents' cars / truck to fall back on, so I'm perfectly set.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
It works for me as a daily/commuter car. I also prefer the SLK as a 2-seater. It won't work as the ONLY car in the household, ergo, a minivan as the other car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HEHE, I like that PAPA. Well I know SLK is a roadster . I was just thinking out-laoud when I suggested the Idea. but everyone just close your eyes and imagine a longer and wider SLK with a small back seat. Of course with the same exterior and interior design. I have driven the CLK , BMW and LEXUS, and they were solid and with excellent handeling. I am sure MB will properly reinforce the SLK to be as good as it is now. But for now I love my SLK and since i am single it works for me. The only dilemma i have right now is that my son is almost 18 and he is getting his driving
licence and he can't wait to drive my beloved SLK. GOD HELP ME.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm single and looking forward to my 55, why because it only has 2 seats among other reasons. I currently have a 4 seater but it's of no use to me so i'll be using the 55 for driving ;) and enjoying

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
2 seats only. With extra weight and size it wouldn't be SLK.

You need 2 cars.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.