Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When searching for SLKs I have noticed a lot of very new SLCs already being resold. Is there a big problem with them ?

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
38 Posts
Pros. Reasonably quick. Low road tax on mine (2016 reg). Nice looking. Reasonable boot space.

Cons. Me Connect doesn't work properly. Expensive servicing for what they appear to do and Mercedes does it utmost to make sure only they do any work on the car. My dealer not particularly au fait with this model. Android phone won't connect to car. Gearboxa bit sluggish.

I'd give it 6 out of 10. Japanese are much better option.

·
Registered 2016 SLC200
30 Posts
I've had my SLC for over 3 years, no problems with quality at all - except that the factory built me a manual version instead of the automatic I ordered! Their second attempt was correct. I did get a big discount when I first ordered it (23%) so I guess that they were proving hard to shift even then; maybe it was a mistake for Mercedes to change the model designation from the well-known SLK.

The other huge marketing mistake that Mercedes made in the UK (in my view) was to force potential buyers to take the so-called AMG-line bits (mainly 'bling') which added £4,000 to the price for little benefit. The car I wanted was a 300 Sport, but that model didn't exist in the UK brochure and I would have walked away if I hadn't been able to get such a huge discount on the underpowered 200 Sport (just before it was discontinued) plus a load of extras. Fortunately a good tuning company with a dynamometer sorted it for me so it covers 0-60 in 6.0 seconds with instant response and even better low down flexibility, which is what I wanted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts