Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is a copy of a question i posted on a different forum but got no answers.

The SLK230 uses the supercharger bypass valve VDO 1110980009 it uses a 45hz PWM signal to operate.

I have been testing and it does not seem to seal when fully closed. On the lowest duty cycle , I have tested it with a small air pump and it bleeds boost.

I think this is not me operating the valve, even when I force it shut with my hand you can see light through the butterfly piece.

I do not think I have a worn valve, but rather since it is metal on metal and there is no rubber sealing it will not hold boost.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or thought about it?

With all this talk about using smaller pulley sizes, deleting maf screens and squeezing extra boost out of the setup surely someone has noticed this inherent boost leak.

Testing of the unit with a Haltech:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a seperate forum, a user said he resealed the valve by loosening and tightening the butterfly, and gained about 0.5 psi, so if he was correct the loss is not negligible

also when i tested the valve using soapy water it was spewing bubbles when i pressurised it

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,784 Posts
According to your vehicle you have a Silvia S15 but you're asking about the SLK 230 engine.

Have you fitted the 230 into the Silvia?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.