Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

First post and greetings from Sweden!

My "new" SLK 350 -05 has the APS 50 unit whithout cd-changer but with the HK-package. I want to be able to use the car in a more modern way so HF & streaming via seamless BT, no adapters and stuff is what I´m looking for. Original buttons and display should also work as expected, could this be achieved in any smart way?

I understand that there is a "media-box" available (Fiscon?) but this it fairly expensive and require programming to work in the car?

A nice(er) example would be a Pioneer device with carplay but the local dealer says no-go since the car is equipped with the HK-amp and speakers.

What are the best recommendation? Most of what I read is APS20 or Comand and the APS50 seems like the not-so-smart choice..

There is no telephone-option as I understand it in the car since there is "nothing" in the box between the seats. Does this mean that there is no microphone in the car aswell or is it just "aspleep" ?

And yes, I have searched but information varies and a lot of the treads are out-dated.
//Brg, Per

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,856 Posts
It's not a no go to fit an aftermarket head unit it's just more work and you will have to replace the HK gateway (amp) with a new aftermarket one. I've done this in my car and it sounds way better!

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,856 Posts
Hi!

OK, so is there a harness that connects all the speakers to the new amp?

//Brg, Per
The gateway is in the passenger footwell as you have probably figured out. When I did my install I could not find an "off the shelf" cable harness adaptor. My solution was to use a SOT lead, used for connecting hands free phone kits to oem radios. Autoleads SOT-922 was the one I bought. The lead need to be modified but as at has the correct connectors on it for the mating halves on the car wiring you do not have to cut any connectors off. It is therefore easily reversible later if required. I also hightly recommend the JL audio 6 channel amp as a replacement for the gateway. In addition you'l require an canbus adaptor to maintain steering wheel controls and a fakra aerial adaptor for the FM aerial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.