Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, is it possible to have the NTG1 APS50 reset with the DAS/Star. I have had the radio checked out electrically and the sparky reckons it is down to software within the radio. As the 8 button does not respond I can't us the Mercedes update disc to reinstall the firmware.

If it is a thing that DAS can sort could anybody let me know. After the fixing of the fuel pump yesterday, i just need the radio fixed and the car is all sorted.

any info would be appreciated

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reprogramming with vediamo not das.
Das online firmware update + scn
Hi I860, is it a big job to reprogram, and do you need the radio to be in the car to do the reprogram or can it be carried out on the bench. Reason i ask is I am on the isle of wight and don't get to get on the north island much. is it something that can be carried out by yourself.

cheers Garry.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need online access to mercedes server.
If you have the hardware you can rent the online access from £50-100 depending of the seller.
sounds like it is an involved job. might be best to go aftermarket radio and get the latest features then.

thanks for the info and advice.

cheers Garry

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi i860, with the radio coding firmware reinstall, is this something that you can carry out. was going to go aftermarket but i think i would prefere to stick with standard setup.

cheers Garry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts