Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the April Ride of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
8,294 Posts
Here is my entry which you can see is themed around racing circuits. I love driving my car and showing it off. The pictures are in order of the most recent
BrandsHatchPic4 (2).jpg
Donington.jpg
Rockingham.jpg
first being 5th April 2021 at Brands Hatch , Donington 2019 and Rockingham Speedway 2018.

·
* Premium Member
2007 SLK 55 AMG
253 Posts
Here's my entry - nicknamed 'sleeky 2' (it's the 2nd SLK 55 AMG I've owned).

List of mods - Kleemann headers, full s/s exhaust with X-pipe & de-cat, NeedsWings induction kit, custom remapping, Sprint Booster, Wavetrac LSD, YSR Coilovers, 10mm spacers, strut brace, A-mode enabled, Apple CarPlay, steering wheel re-trim, Smart Top, 2-stage paint correction with ceramic coating.

With 420bhp on tap, she NEVER fails to put a huge smile on my face 😁

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK32 AMG
5,554 Posts
Thought I would enter one that started it all. R170 - SLK 32. 2004, one of 312 made. It is amber red (not to be confused with Firemist Metalic. 1 of 2 amber red that I have seen. The other is also an ‘04 in California. 32’s are turbo charged. Mine on the dyno was 340 lbs. Torque and 311 whp. Hence the name Toy

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
4 Posts
As my husband (Mugs) spent his holiday sorting out my car and not his own (which he had originally planned to do) I thought I would show off ‘Raven’s’ new look.
Lowered, wheels painted black with silver lips, chrome bonnet fins and grill fins.
I think my favourite thing is still the amount of people that stop to admire her in car parks and all the lovely comments from total strangers.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
994 Posts
Errrrrr, some beauties here.....

My wee beastie...it’s a real keeper, sweet as a nut! 😘👍👍👍

EDIT: My most memorable moment was driving my car home after buying it. It was a sunny day and the drive home took me over The Pennines from Manchester to Sheffield. Driving over the Snake Pass, past Labybower and Derwent Water (where the bouncing bomb was tested in WWII). For those that have never done this, it’s amongst the most beautiful drives you can do. With the top down, I quickly discovered just how quick my ‘new to me’ car was. The sound of the screaming V6, the warm sun and blue skies, the smell of the Pines and the empty, twisting road this first time is something I’ll never forget. There have been many other memories but this one ranks as the best.

Hey, thanks for reading the edit. 👍👍👍

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
1,874 Posts
I have added Smart Top, Flappy Paddles and the wonderful A Mode to the transmission (thanks to @mike350 and @i860 for their generous help). I've also jury rigged a lead that snakes in through a window so that I can keep the battery trickle charged from the sun's rays.

I think what I like best about the Little Growler is that even though it's quite expensive to run, the SPG (smiles per gallon) is very high. My favourite journey, so far, has been zipping around on the long and sinuous, empty D roads in rural France.

·
Super Moderator (UK)
33,774 Posts
My final reminder.

Enter now or miss the boat.

Our first month of the new ROTM.
Any model R170/171/172.
Any colour.
Modified, or standard.
New or 'seasoned' member.

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.