Mercedes SLK World banner

April 20, 2013 No. CA SLK Enthusiasts Delta Meet & Drive

1K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  Motzkoman 
#1 ·
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster owners are invited to meet rain or shine Saturday, April 20, 2013 for display of their cars at 10:30 A.M. in the Safeway/Starbucks parking lot at 3365 Deer Valley Road, Antioch:[/FONT]

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=star...284&oq=star&t=h&radius=0.17&hq=starbucks&z=18

R) At 11:30 we will leave for a drive up the delta to lunch at the Freeport Bar and Grill - 8259 Freeport Boulevard Sacramento, CA 95832 (916) 665-1169. Map to lunch and menu attached. :Beer:

PLEASE RSVP BY April 12th if you are planning on attending lunch. You can RSVP either to Steve ( stephenmotzko@yahoo.com ) or directly to Kurt at ( Kurto@Mabija.com )

We are planning to take either of two routes after lunch depending on which ferries are operational. We won’t know which route until the day of the drive. :hb:

Route one – we will be taking both the J-Mac and Real McCoy II ferries from Freeport back to Rio Vista. Route one attached.

Route two – we will be taking a different route to the J-Mac ferry and then on to Rio Vista. Route two attached. :D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Steve: Don & John from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts will be attending. I will give a shout out to my SLK Group from Sacramento this weekend to let you know. Will we be riding the ferries before or after the lunch meet?

Reactions: Motzkoman
#3 ·
Thanks Don...I will be sending a RSVP reminder F) to the email distribution later today. I am not sure when the ferries will be; I think Kurt will coordinate that on the day of the event, depending on road conditions... R)

#4 ·
Steve I think our SLK group will meet your SLK group for lunch in Freeport instead of at the meet in Antioch, and do the ferry ride afterwards. That would make more sense to me. We would let your SLK group go first and we would follow to save the waiting time on the Ferry's to speed things up. Is Kurt O. on SLKWORLD.COM?

#6 ·
Jan and Mark Goldstein will meet the Nor Cal SLK Enthusiasts at the Freeport Bar and Grill.

#8 ·
The Freeport Bar and Grill cancelled our group lunch due to a wedding. So we have a different meet location as well as the time.

Option 1) April 20th 2013 Delta Ferry run. Our SLK's will meet at 1:00pm at Scott’s Seafood on the River 4800 Riverside Blvd Sacramento and do the drive onto the 2 Ferry's after Lunch. We will meet the Nor Cal SLK Enthusiasts at the Restaurant.

Option 2) Or if you choose you may meet the Nor Cal SLK's Enthusiasts at their meet location.
Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster owners are invited to meet rain or shine Saturday, April 20, 2013 for display of their cars at 10:30 A.M. in the Safeway/Starbucks parking lot at 3365 Deer Valley Road, Antioch:

Our lunch ticket will also include a 20% gratuity and will be grouped per table not individually so please bring cash.
You still have time to join us if you have not yet RSVP’D.
Dno2@comcast.net 916/489-6936

Reactions: Motzkoman
#9 ·
Thanks Don....I for one will be leaving an evaluation on Yelp for the Feeport Bar and Grill after I hear details from Kurt....canceling us like this last minute should not go without some publicity...:td:

One little correction...the Antioch meet is moved over across the street by Walgreens because the Safeway lot is so crowded....:D

#10 ·
Reactions: PWSLK and Motzkoman
#11 ·
Here is some of the photos I took at Scott's Seafood and leaving the restaurant parking. I hope it turns as a slide show. Steve will have more later.
http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/LILDONSLK/slideshow/Facebook/iOS Photos?sort=2
Hi Don,
I will also include the link in the email to the participants when i get my photos in order...thanks!

What a beautiful day for driving the delta and crossing on ferries filled with SLKs...Awesome day for 15 SLKs and their occupants :rb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.