Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster owners are invited to meet rain or shine Saturday, April 16, 2011 for display of their cars at 10:30 A.M. in the parking lot next to the out of business grocery store behind Starbucks plaza (Tam Junction Center - 247 Shoreline Highway, Mill Valley, CA):
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=37.880815,-122.525884&spn=0.001257,0.001298&t=h&z=20&msid=209003893718269198332.00049fbdddab7a266ec82

R)We will leave around 11:30 on a California winding back roads drive up through Marin and the coast. Turning left from Flamingo Rd to Hwy 1 Shoreline Hwy can take some time due to traffic (the drive is worth the delay!). So we will stop at Stinson Beach to regroup for the remainder of the drive (about 1/2hr after start of drive. We will stop there for a 1/2 hr or so; folks can walk the beach or visit the Claudia Chapline Art gallery (http://www.cchapline.com/) or Surf Shop (http://www.livewatersurfshop.com/home.php).

We will then head out along Hwy 1 driving through some spectacular views of the Pacific until we get to Bolinas Fairfax Rd. where we will go for a nice drive through the hills and trees. We'll go across the Alpine Lake dam:
http://calibersf.com/2011/02/16/alpine-lake-dam/

We continue on Bolinas Fairfax Rd. to Fairfax where we will stop for lunch at approximately 2PM at the Iron Springs Pub & Brewery http://ironspringspub.com/ where we will order off the menu. Plenty of parking on both sides of Center Blvd. near the pub. Please bring $$, as we will have to split a bill, not have individual checks. :Beer:

Menu: http://ironspringspub.com/the-pub/the-menu/

ACTION REQUIRED: You need to get your lunch RSVP in by at latest 4/7/11!

Lunch RSVP can be emailed to [email protected]

Drive Map: http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=209003893718269198332.00049979661c658087af9&ll=37.91793,-122.589912&spn=0.229405,0.332336&z=12

Turns to watch out for:

1 - Mill Valley to Stinson Beach - bear left where Hwy1 meets Panoramic Hwy (do not take Panoramic).
2 - Stinson Beach to Fairfax - Right turn onto Bolinas Fairfax Rd at the end of Bolinas Lagoon.

Join us for the meet, the drive, the meet & drive, or the meet, drive & lunch.
:tu:

On drive day, you can call 925-209-7200

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,510 Posts
Hi Steve
Your SLK events are truly awesome. Please count us in we will be there for sure. 2 for lunch. This drive sounds exciting. I hope more members from Northern California SLK World attend. I have been to Bolinas before, but someone keeps removing the direction signs telling you how to get there. It is what I call a "Bohemian Village". Are we gonna stop in Bolinas?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's still early, but up to 8 cars so far... :tu:

Would love to have some new folks join as well :rb

The stop will be in Stinson Beach rather than Bolinas :burnout:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remember if you aren't in one of 11 cars that have already responded and plan to lunch with us: You need to get your lunch RSVP in by at latest 4/7/11! :Beer:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An SLK meet in Northern Cal on my Birthday; and I’m stuck on a job in San Diego:(
Happy Birthday in advance PropDr!

Keep us in mind if you are in Northern California any month around the third Saturday (our usual meet time)...in July we are in ft. Bragg...a little closer to Eugene :burnout:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
An SLK meet in Northern Cal on my Birthday; and I’m stuck on a job in San Diego:(
Happy Birthday in advance Arno :tu:

·
11,510 Posts
Happy early birthday too. I'm glad your birthday is not on tax day April 15th. You could fly up to the Bay area and maybe we could fit you in as a Passenger somewhere?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking good with 16 cars and 26 people confirmed for lunch...I am sure we might be able to take care of a last minute add or two, so who knows....maybe more...:tu:

:burnout:

·
11,510 Posts
Wow,Northern California SLK Enthusiasts rocks, 16 SLK Roadsters for the April 16th drive so far.:burnout: We should casually mention SLKWORLD to the group and see who might be interested. I must say our SLK group is the greatest. We are very, very fortunate to have you Steve! :Beer: Thank you!
Don aka "LIL DON SLK"

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow,Northern California SLK Enthusiasts rocks, 16 SLK Roadsters for the April 16th drive so far.:burnout: We should casually mention SLKWORLD to the group and see who might be interested. I must say our SLK group is the greatest. We are very, very fortunate to have you Steve! :Beer: Thank you!
Don aka "LIL DON SLK"
Let's not be casual about it at all! SLKWorld is a great forum and we need to encourage our folks to use it more...Remember the contest we had with the SLKWorld polo shirts awarded...I admire the active board use of the So. Cal folks and maybe we can get everyone here, at least from time to time...:hail:

·
11,510 Posts
Let's get the word out at the next meet. Also let's get our SLK Choir to sing! Our 1st song can be "Shake your groove thing at SLKWorld" or "Born to Be Wild" -Steppenwolf

:gh: :gh: :gh: :gh: :gh: :gh: :gh: :gh: :gh: :gh:

·
11,510 Posts
SWEET 17 CARS !!! :Banane47:

DON
Northern California SLK Enthusiasts ROCKS!

SACARAMENTO VALLEY SLK ENTHUSIASTS ROCKS TOO!

·
11,510 Posts
How many cars for tomorrows April 16, 2011 Northern California SLK Enthusiasts Meet & Drive Steve?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How many cars for tomorrows April 16, 2011 Northern California SLK Enthusiasts Meet & Drive Steve?
Based on the RSVP's, we now have 18 cars with 30 people. We will see tomorrow, since we may have someone not show, but also may have attendees that did not RSVP...

...my guess is the 18 car 30 people will not be far off...:burnout:

Current mix includes:
8 R171
10 R170

·
11,510 Posts
WOW! That was a great Road trip! I was a bit confused the first 10 miles not seeing any SLKS that had FM wave Radios communicating. I think Julia possibly told me to turn left somewhere or turn around but I just kept going unsure and frustrated til we were able to hook up again in Stinson Beach and finally realized no u-turn was needed. I did not listen just followed my Sixth sense I guess. Those Radios are great as long if good advice is given. Especially if bikes or cars are coming down on a small road like we drive.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Steve or Don: can you tell us more on the FM radio communications gear. What make and model? What is the range of these radios?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts