Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been on several outings to area apple orchards lately. Great places to visit and have a quiet snack. Most orchards are family owned and they really appreciate the business. Plus you can purchase a little something to take home or pass on to friends and neighbors. Trees are starting to turn color now....they are absolutely beautiful!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Apple orchards in the Fall sounds delicious. Wife and I are going to NC mtns in a week or so. Will report what foliage we see and bring back some good tasting cider!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,884 Posts
gregg, when you said you were heading west, i assumed you were heading to the retreat!

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No...not to Vegas....just west on US 50...it connects us with civilization across the river in Indiana. As much as I would like to attend the retreat, I just can't get away from school that long this time of year.

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
623 Posts
Apple orchards in the Fall sounds delicious. Wife and I are going to NC mtns in a week or so. Will report what foliage we see and bring back some good tasting cider!

cider-now there's a sore point for me. almost impossible yo find unpasteurized cider

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
623 Posts
U R right. Can't find to good stuff in stores, but assume will find some along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
We've stopped at a lot of road side places/apple orchard types. Ma, NH, Vt, still pasteurized.

Only one place (haven't been there since last year) in Ipswich, Ma that had unpasteurized

·
Registered
46 Posts
Like the pic of your slk. I especially like the fact the body style has remained the same for the most part such that my 06 looks alot like your 09! Appears only the lower front facia has subtle changes from year to year. Of course, yours has the bigger v6. My 280 has all the power I need, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts