Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to Ellijay for their apple festival? I heard its suppose to be nice, but crowded.

I think its a top down day in the SLK for a little ride through the mountains to Ellijay.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
4,562 Posts
Dave -- that's a great idea, unfortunately Cyndee has a lot of schoolwork to finish this weekend so we can't go today -- that would be an awesome day trip though. The apples have been great this year too. Let's make a trip of it next year, the timing is good for the weather. We could all scout out some scenic routes from our respective corners over the next year and then plan a group outing around them.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We went to the festival this past weekend. It was the typical fall festival with a lot of crafts and some food vendors. Parking was scarce at the fair grounds. We parked at Mountain View Middle School and took the shuttle over.

The ride to and from the fest was great. A lot of twisty roads through the mountains with a nice view of the leaves changing colors.

Enjoy,
Dave

·
Premium Member
4,562 Posts
For our anniversary my wife and I visited North GA this weekend and stayed a few nights in Blue Ridge which is very near Ellijay. I found a wonderful drive, Hwy 60, between Morganton and Suches. We could incorporate some or all of this route this Fall. We actually made the whole drive on Hwy 60 between Dahlonega and Morganton but the Suches-to-Dahlonega portion was more mundane than Suches-to-Morganton.

We also found a few good stops near Murphy NC although that's pretty far from Ellijay.

ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts