Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team,
Happy new year!
I just finished installation of Joyeauto to my SLK r172.
link to device from AliExpress: US $413.31 31% Off | Joyeauto Wireless Wifi Apple Carplay for Mercedes SLK class 2011-2015 NTG4.5/NTG4.7 Apple Car play Support Rear View Camera Waze
link to installation video, not mine:
I noticed during installation that my unit is a bit different than one on the video. At 3:14 - there are 2 connectors, but I have 3: grey, pink and blue.
I follow all steps of instructions and also checked that I have aux available in audio settings.
When I was done with install and turned on CarPlay there was no sound, no matter via wire or b/t connection, I double checked that aux was selected, but didn’t help. Same time radio was working fine, no sound problems.
I decided to go to engineering menu and wanted to follow some steps as was advise in another topic on this forum, to activate and deactivate aux, I noticed that my engineering menu is completely different from any that I’ve seen on video, and now I think that my unit is Audio20, but not NTG4.5. Picture of engineering menu attached.

My VIN is WDDPK4HA6EF091394
I’ve found free website to see details by vin and only see audio20, but no NTG.
link to website below:
I want to know if anyone faced this issue before and how it can be fixed.

Some pics during and after install.

Attachments

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I found possible solution:
I don't have AUX port in my armrest, but I have media port there.
I have this wire plugged into media port: Amazon.com: HAIN Car AUX Charging Cable for Mercedes Benz, MB AMI Media Interface Compatible with IP X 8 7 6 6s Plus for W Glk E C S ML CLA SLK GL Class: Car Electronics
Sound will play, when I connect iPhone to jack of this wire, and switch HU Audio to AUX mode (not to Media, this is weird)
I will probably run the wire from CarPlay to armrest and will plug it into Jack of media port.

Can someone recommend good after market camera? I found this one Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com it looks like it can be installed w/o extra holes.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts
dashcam without backup?

viofo a119
see youtube and my videos in driving stories section

1 - 3 of 3 Posts