Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to source OEM front and rear brakes. Starting to sqeak a bit. And as usual brake pads difference whether you have a sport or non-sport package. I assume I fall under non-sport package if the datacard says appearance package. Is that correct?

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,348 Posts
I am looking to source OEM front and rear brakes. Starting to sqeak a bit. And as usual brake pads difference whether you have a sport or non-sport package. I assume I fall under non-sport package if the datacard says appearance package. Is that correct?
Provide your VIN and we can provide you with the part numbers which you can then use to source the parts online.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I read somewhere there is an indicator that comes on when your brakes need to be replaced. Is that correct? I am hearing early short sqeaks when I step on the brakes but nothing too bad yet so don't want to jump the gun too early if not necessary.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,110 Posts
I think only the AMG has the brakes sensors, but i have been wrong before :D

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,440 Posts
Afaik every SLK has the brake wear sensors,but I've been proven wrong before too....
Anyway,I've had that message on both my 200 and 280.
You get the message "BRAKE WEAR" and the brake symbol in your MFD when they've reached the wear limit. But then you'll still have plenty of time to have them replaced.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,110 Posts
Standby...there will be more!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,348 Posts
Also I read somewhere there is an indicator that comes on when your brakes need to be replaced. Is that correct? I am hearing early short sqeaks when I step on the brakes but nothing too bad yet so don't want to jump the gun too early if not necessary.
An inspection of both your front and rear pads and rotors should be performed before spending the money on brakes. It is not unusual for brakes to squeal a little especially under light braking. The inspection will tell you for sure if it is time to replace.

The MB parts are:

Front rotors 203 421 05 12
Front pads 006 420 62 20
Wear sensor 211 540 17 17 (yes, you do have a wear sensor but only one per axle)

Rear rotors 203 423 00 12
Rear pads 003 420 27 20
No rear sensor is listed for your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.