Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously looking to get it after a silicone/tubing manufacturer steered me away from a DIY set-up. They say no cutting is involved so I could return the motor to stock should I sell the car down the road. Also would like some independent feedback on it 's quality and ease of installation. Thanks, Mark

·
Banned
433 Posts
crossfireforum.org is the place where you would get many more responses to performance upgrade questions

I had one on my SRT6, and it seemed to make more power, but I didn't dyno it (unfortunately). There are probably plenty people on that forum though that did.

I remember that most of the installation was straight-forward and simple - I think it took about an hour. A good bit of that time was removing the pieces that are closest to the bumper to allow the final intake pieces. I broke my stock pieces on my SRT6 when taking them off, in order to get them off, after I couldn't get them off otherwise (the first one I broke unintentionally, then I just broke the second one on purpose after a brief struggle).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crossfireforum.org is the place where you would get many more responses to performance upgrade questions

I had one on my SRT6, and it seemed to make more power, but I didn't dyno it (unfortunately). There are probably plenty people on that forum though that did.

I remember that most of the installation was straight-forward and simple - I think it took about an hour. A good bit of that time was removing the pieces that are closest to the bumper to allow the final intake pieces. I broke my stock pieces on my SRT6 when taking them off, in order to get them off, after I couldn't get them off otherwise (the first one I broke unintentionally, then I just broke the second one on purpose after a brief struggle).
Well, Imjust got,off the phone with Rob the owner of NeedsWings and he added an oil,separator, dropped $30. From,it's cost and threw in an oil,filter cartridge at no charge. He said I could expect to get intomthemhighn12's with the dual CAI I bought, the one withmthemfilters before the radiator. What Sid you,break? I would want to return themcarnto,stock should IMever sell the car? He said I should hit high 12's if the motor is healthy. It's a start as I have a guy pestering me to a race for a week or more. The time will come. ,Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts