Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a series of problems I've had with Mercedes Glasgow :mad:, I am seriously thinking of cancelling my service contract with them and am thinking of trying Deutschtek in Glasgow centre for my next service. Having read their on line reviews, which are all good, I dropped in today and had a wee talk with them. They seem genuine enough and their pricing appears very reasonable.

I was wondering if any members have used them in the past and, if so, would they recommend them.

·
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overnight to Dave's?
A nice 250 mile top down drive up north and back. (y) :) Would actually consider that Myk if it was summertime, but not with the weather we've been getting the last few days. :(

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,332 Posts
A nice 250 mile top down drive up north and back. (y) :) Would actually consider that Myk if it was summertime, but not with the weather we've been getting the last few days. :(
Erm...
Davie just complained about having to drive?

D O C T O R !

·
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a series of problems I've had with Mercedes Glasgow :mad:, I am seriously thinking of cancelling my service contract with them and am thinking of trying Deutschtek in Glasgow centre for my next service..

Went to the Glasgow dealership to see about the service plan and discuss the problem I had after my last service. (I had to add 3.5 ltrs of oil over 700 miles following the service. :eek:) I was told by reception they’d get someone to see me and then 20 mins later the same guy comes back and tells me I should just phone them as everyone is on dinner break or answering phone calls. :(
I insist that I want to talk to someone and he speaks to a manager and then tells me she has said I can take my car to any other dealership for servicing. :eek:
I reiterate that I wanted to speak to someone there and that I am not happy and think that their level of service falls well short of what I would expect from Mercedes.
After explaining that I’m a member of the forum etc., he then goes away to speak to the dealership principal and 10 mins later a service advisor comes out. She listens to my complaints and disappears for another 5 mins to check my service record, returns to inform me there’s a £40 charge to cancel the service contract but she can’t talk to the contract people because I’m the customer not her. I get given a couple of phone numbers from her and the promise to give the car a full valet free if I do get them to service the car (which I declined). She had no answer as to the oil problem I'd encountered.
Came home tried the first number she’d given me and it turned out to be a wrong number. :rolleyes: Tried the second number and got through to contracts but they tell me they can’t give me any info but will pass my request to the relevant dept and that I should hear back in 3 working days by e-mail. :rolleyes:
The e-mail surprisingly arrived the next day saying that it would take a month to cancel the contract, if I wanted to, and said all monies overpaid would be returned to me then.

I have cancelled my service contract, as I have lost all faith in the dealership, and have booked Mabel into Deutschtek for a service and will report back. :)

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,249 Posts
I have cancelled my service contract, as I have lost all faith in the dealership, and have booked Mabel into Deutschtek for a service and will report back. :)
Hard to put a "like" on this one BUT it's the best the system will allow. I feel for ya :mad:

·
Premium Member 2011 SLK200
923 Posts
Went to the Glasgow dealership to see about the service plan and discuss the problem I had after my last service. (I had to add 3.5 ltrs of oil over 700 miles following the service. :eek:) I was told by reception they’d get someone to see me and then 20 mins later the same guy comes back and tells me I should just phone them as everyone is on dinner break or answering phone calls. :(
I insist that I want to talk to someone and he speaks to a manager and then tells me she has said I can take my car to any other dealership for servicing. :eek:
I reiterate that I wanted to speak to someone there and that I am not happy and think that their level of service falls well short of what I would expect from Mercedes.
After explaining that I’m a member of the forum etc., he then goes away to speak to the dealership principal and 10 mins later a service advisor comes out. She listens to my complaints and disappears for another 5 mins to check my service record, returns to inform me there’s a £40 charge to cancel the service contract but she can’t talk to the contract people because I’m the customer not her. I get given a couple of phone numbers from her and the promise to give the car a full valet free if I do get them to service the car (which I declined). She had no answer as to the oil problem I'd encountered.
Came home tried the first number she’d given me and it turned out to be a wrong number. :rolleyes: Tried the second number and got through to contracts but they tell me they can’t give me any info but will pass my request to the relevant dept and that I should hear back in 3 working days by e-mail. :rolleyes:
The e-mail surprisingly arrived the next day saying that it would take a month to cancel the contract, if I wanted to, and said all monies overpaid would be returned to me then.

Sad that you have received such poor service and treatment. Good luck with your next service provider Davie (y)

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,332 Posts
I just do not get the wide extremes of customer care we receive from main dealers.

I've got no confidence in main dealers.
It is not that they are all bad.
More that it is playing Russian Roulette with my car.

Good luck with the new guys.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
3,559 Posts
The word we are generally looking for is "Arrogance"
When you become a Mercedes owner/driver it is perceived that you are arrogant and therefore you will be treated with arrogance by arrogant people because they also drive a Mercedes.
Customer service is not about service it is about Money, the Service department will be looking at your old second hand car and think you don't have enough money to be a Mercedes owner so why should they give you the time of day?
When you go into a Mercedes dealership you should have it in your mind that you too are arrogant and immediately start talking down to these worthless representatives of Mercedes. If you apply this strategy you will succeed in getting what you want.

Or

If you don't want to be like them go somewhere else but don't tell them as they will delight in your resignation.

Why do people on here call them "Stealerships" ?

Sorry for the rant...?

·
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well time for an update. I put Mabel into Deutschtek for a service yesterday. An hour later I received a phone call to head back to the garage if I was still in town, which luckily I was. Their policy is that they won't do any work on your car unless you've seen what is required, or at least been told about it and you've authorised them to go ahead. The car is up on the ramps and the mechanic shows me the gators and bush that need sorting, some slight corrosion on the brake lines, a wee oil sweat at the back of the engine, and points out that the front pads will probably need done in 10k miles. They'd obviously started work on the car the moment I'd left it. I approve the jobs and head home. Five hours later I get the phone call to say I can collect the car. They go over the work done again and I'm pleasantly surprised by their bill. Probably saved about £500 on what Mercedes would have wanted for the same work.

So I'm delighted with them and would recommend them as a viable alternative to using the stealership. (y) :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts