Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so tired of cars pulling up next to me and try to provoke a race on the freeway, the strange thing is that it is never a super car like Ferrari or high end Porsches but lesser cars (like Japanese of BXX). I got enough tickets racing on the freeway and really are so out of it, just wondering if any of you welcome it. I just want to enjoy my commute to work and not to be bothered with. This reminds me of snowboarding, it never fails that whenever you are bombing down a run, some guy will always pull up and try to show you they car go faster or jump higher, do we always have to be so Contentious?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i get it all the time.

Usually mustangs and sti's as my area has alot of decent dealers, and people make enough to get those, but nothing more really. I used to go more than I should, but i rarely do now, I gotta be on this only one stretch of highway i know very well, rarely driven on by people unless they live near it (like I do) and even than I wont turn it loose, unless its more of a enthusiast run than a Im faster than you run, i dont know how to define the difference, but you know what i mean.

D

·
0 Posts
I get this also, i just leave them alone but you always seem to get a few who try over and over so i tend to just wind her out for a bit until anybody behind her can't even see her tail then relax again.

After an experience like that they don't bother again and give her all the space she wants, my car spends most of its time hidden away on back roads or on some of the private tracks we have around here so the only time its exposed to these fool's is on the trips to the proper roads and I'm also lucky that i live in a small town so a reputation spreads like wildfire around these 8 year old pricks and that helps keep them away also.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Cannon fodder, don't waste your gas. Of course every now and then you get your ass kicked by a "sleeper", but that's part of the fun too *L*.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Porsche 911's, Corvette C6, BMW E46 M3's and the list goes on, it depends on the mood if I was in a good state of temper I would of shown them who's boss.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i had a bit of this just today, ran down to the Texas coast for a meeting, is about 2 hours South of San Antonio, great highway for letting a little out, unfortunately the state highway patrol loves to watch it like a hawk, none the less i encountered several morons in suvs trying to goad me into a run... wasnt worth it, i left the cruise control on and smiled to myself remembering what it was like to be young and unaware...:)

-J

·
Registered
720 Posts
Occasionally, some kid in a souped-up 4-banger pulls up next to me. I have nothing to prove, so I just ignore them.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Same here, just smile and ignore them.

·
Registered
547 Posts
It use to be that I couldn't let anyone pass me. I've really changed in the last couple years and now think about my family before I do anything stupid. I can usually found cruising close to the speed limit in the slow lane.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i get that a lot ~ most of time i just ignore them... but when i am in mood ~ oh yes ~ i will step on it till engine blows up ~ ^_^
plus ~ i think it really denpends on the area... if it's known area.... i know where to speed and not speed so~

·
Registered
349 Posts
It use to be that I couldn't let anyone pass me. I've really changed in the last couple years and now think about my family before I do anything stupid. I can usually found cruising close to the speed limit in the slow lane.
Completely agree. There was a Z350 (heavily moded) passing me and cut in front of me. He wants to make a left turn and go to the Canadian Tire (AutoZone in US), I went straight and enter the same store. I end up finding a better parking space :D. He didn't look very happy.

Just think of the worst case of what will happen when I try to step on the gas will make me go easy on it. Getting a ticket or get suspended is only doing harm to yourself, killing someone on the road will ruin your life.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Completely agree. There was a Z350 (heavily moded) passing me and cut in front of me. He wants to make a left turn and go to the Canadian Tire (AutoZone in US), I went straight and enter the same store. I end up finding a better parking space :D. He didn't look very happy.

Just think of the worst case of what will happen when I try to step on the gas will make me go easy on it. Getting a ticket or get suspended is only doing harm to yourself, killing someone on the road will ruin your life.
Nice story, thank you for sharing. :)

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
yep, get it from mustang's, sti's, evo's, and honda's. I had this VW that was constantly harassing me on the 45mph highway that I take everyday to work, there are cops lurking everywhere, I ignored him, an Acura Integra did the same thing the other day on the same highway, he slowed down before he got caught. In my younger days I would, speeding tickets are too expensive these days.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lots of traffic light here, and thats the main place for the silliness.

So my fav thing to do, to the boyracers is along side at a red light, nudge forward, Then a little more give it a rev for effect nudge forward again, Like your going to go for it off the lights...... And when the light go's green, Just pull off nice and slow and watch your foe screem from the lights in a fog of tyre smoke and clutch, Never gets old :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Man,

I hardly ever get challenged. I don't know why it rarely happens. I almost feel envious of you guys... well almost.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
You have for very loud pipes, and usually any kind of extra lettering on the other side (///amg ///m etc) seems to be a bad idea to mess with, IF the car looks genuine.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts