Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was wondering if any members here are from or very familiar with the Beaverton area?

Reason for asking is I'm interested in a 1969 Camaro advertised online that is allegedly being sold by a dealer in Beaverton. However, their email communications have been a bit strange and their website is dodgy so my suspicions have been aroused.

Google maps street view for their supposed address doesn't show any business matching their name, but that may still be OK as the maps are a couple of years out of date.

If anyone here knows the area and can either confirm or deny their existence, that would be a big help! :tu:

Their details are:

K & D Auto
4155 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
Beaverton, OR 97005
http://www.kndautodealers.com

Cheers,
Brian

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,921 Posts
Sorry to say I live on the other side of Portland so I never drive in this area. They do exist in the locale phone book though. You may want to try and send a PM to Beekster. He lives on that side of town and may know more. If you can't find any other help that may be closer, let me know and I will see if I can take a quick drive over that way for you.

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you kindly, I'll drop him a PM.

The more time goes by, the more I'm convinced they are scammers...

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Surprise, surprise, they don't exist at the given address!

I first became suspicious by their very low prices and after a bit of digging found their web site is hosted in China and their IP address originates in Khazakstan. :td:

All SLKworlders, please spread the news on these guys so no friends or relatives get taken in by them and lose any money!

It just goes to show that anything in this world that appears to be too good to be true probably is...

:hail: Many thanks to Greg (Beekster) for taking the time to drive over to check this place out. :tu:

Cheers,
Brian

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,921 Posts
Glad you were able to get this resolved and Greg was able to help you. One of the perks to being involved with a world wide site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Damn...

I was looking at an RV from them but the same things made me leary... glad to know it was a scan before I went and spent the money.

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a quick update: these a-holes are still in 'business', trying to scam innocent car buying folk.

Came across a thread over on the Tesla forums wondering about the same guys, someone there quoted this thread and thankfully the prospective buyer escaped without harm. So a pat on the back to us SLKWorlders (esp. Beekster) for our small part in helping to make the internet a safer place.

By the way, these scammers also operate a number of other similar fake web sites, so please keep your guard up. The only one that was mentioned on the Telsa forums that's still up at the moment is actionautoeverett.com but they're sure to pop up elsewhere in the future.

Cheers,
Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts