·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Will definitely pick up an Aluminum (don't feel like paying more for the CF version unless it is stiffer and will have more of an effect...)

Any recommendation on where to pick it up?

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Thanks! Will definitely pick up an Aluminum (don't feel like paying more for the CF version unless it is stiffer and will have more of an effect...)

Any recommendation on where to pick it up?
The CF version is not stronger: it's just an overlay over the aluminum version. It looks nice though.

As to where to buy it, I'm not sure. I got in on the same deal as the guy that started the thread I linked where one forum user from Los Angeles ended up importing a whole batch of them and then keeping one while selling the rest. I understand that they're not hard to get from Europe in principle, but the shipping is quite exorbitant. That's why it helped to order a whole bundle of them and defray the shipping cost over multiple people.

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I missed the boat then. I'll try contacting DC Performance (UK) and see how much shipping would run me (all the way out in Hawaii!) Their website does state that they ship internationally though.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
I guess I missed the boat then. I'll try contacting DC Performance (UK) and see how much shipping would run me (all the way out in Hawaii!) Their website does state that they ship internationally though.
It will be a lot I'm sure. You might ask them about shipping on 5 units, 10 units etc, and then try to get a group buy going here.

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I contacted DC Performance in the UK asking what their shipping cost would be to Hawaii. Much to my surprise, the shipping cost is not bad at all! I'll be placing an order this week and will have it installed for my next autocross event in December. :)

Again, these prices are for shipping all the way to Hawaii. Those on the US mainland may have cheaper rates. Group buy not entirely necessary.

Hi Mark,

We can ship economy which takes around 3 weeks, and this is £45, or premium which takes around 7 working days is £65.

If you have any further queries please let me know.

Kind regards,

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Does anyone with an R171 have the Wiechers Sport SLK Aluminum Strut bar installed? Is there any noticeable difference in performance? Easy to install? Thanks in advance!

Aluminum Model
http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/670075/mercedes/wiechers-sport-strut-brace/gw297016.html

Carbon Fiber Model
http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/670076/mercedes/wiechers-sport-strut-brace/gw297016c.html
Basically what Durkatlon said.

I have the Euroteck Motorsports CF rear trunk spoiler so I went with the CF front strut bar. It's not stiffer or lighter but it does look cool. :biglaugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.