Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else get a poll from amg lounge?

I wrote in the comments about the porkiness of the current SLK. Wonder if it'll make a difference?

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I cant see MB doing a thing about the weight factor and actually can imagine how the amg line will move to. I think they will go for a Bi Turbo application, with Loads of Torque in the low to midrange rpm and fast shifting gearbox yet not the fastest in the market.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I received the survey as well. I also wrote in about the concern not so much with overall weight, but more with weight distribution.

Their survey is obviously geared towards seeing how we will react to twin turbo V6 vs. 6.2L V8 in future C-class and SLK-class AMG models.

I chose the answer that displacement does not matter as long as similar amount of power is achieved. There was also an interview with AMG chief that they were done with supercharging and they see the future in turbos.

I see a TWIN TURBO SLK AMG in my crystal ball....:rb:rb:rb

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got the survey yesterday. Also answered that I wanted to keep the V8, and added that a turbo or s/c version would be worthy of AMG, but not a V6. Sure were a lot of questions about eco-friendliness of the car...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep got mine yesterday :).

Same comment here "not an AMG without V8" Sorry to those guys who see a twin Turbo V6 in there future, but why add all the complicated expensive turbo stuff to a V6 in an attempt to match the naturally aspirated V8 performance...what is saved a few pounds!!! Now if they need a reduction in engine size for say a Mid-Engine application "that's a different story" :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.