Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
*Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Apparently you can now get the correct size 340mm front brake discs for early SLK 55 AMG from Euro Car Parts & Car Parts 4 Less.
Whilst not cheap at £400 each they are considerably cheaper than MB!
Has anyone bought them and, if so, any comments?
Cheers,
ANDREW:wink:

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
I haven't bought any but priced the Brembo pads and discs front and rear and it came to just over £100.00 seems like a bargain. (For the 320)

Thats what I,ll get when I need some.

Regards Stuart.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Mercedes-Benz don't make brake pads and I seriously doubt they make brake discs. Like pretty much any car manufacturer they will buy these "stock" parts in (and put them in a [very expensive] Mercedes box). I would have no hesitation fitting discs and pads from a reputable brake component supplier (like Brembo).

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
1,761 Posts
Hi All

Myself & SeanHump have had TAR.OX reverse engineer the front brake disk for the early AMG 55's ,you can buy just the the outer rotor part or both part as one unit (two parts) . We have had them installed about 8 months & no problems . Price for the outer rotors only was about £500 for the pair .

SLK-Class (R171) Archives - TAROX Online Store

Cheers

Andy

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,856 Posts
Yes I have bought them from Euro car parts and they are the real deal. They now list the rears too! Nice savings to be had but still quite expensive. Also recommend EBC Redstuff ceramic pads!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I notice they have a further 10 percent off at the moment, says ends soon

Reactions: Charmer

·
**Premium Member 2004 SLK350
5,663 Posts
Hi,
Apparently you can now get the correct size 340mm front brake discs for early SLK 55 AMG from Euro Car Parts & Car Parts 4 Less.
Whilst not cheap at £400 each they are considerably cheaper than MB!
Has anyone bought them and, if so, any comments?
Cheers,
ANDREW:wink:
For car parts 4 less use the code cp15less or saveme75

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Just a reminder for those who wish to be aware of other options, let's first listen to someone who explains the differences in Rotors:
https://youtu.be/ZMOCEfH7-zw he mentions 1 piece rotors, and 2 piece rotors for medium track use etc. Full floating rotors, enough said...

1 piece rotors are 'used' with 4 pot calipers on the face-lift 55 AMG. If I may be so bold, Jeff himself has just shown us a close-up of his caliper problem and it quite clearly shows: A, 1 piece disc with a 4 pot caliper. I have to assume that MB has considered that, for road use, this set-up is quite acceptable. Bearing this in mind, if it is okay for MB to do this safely, I have to assume that: "For Road Use" it is comparable to fit the "1 Piece Brembo 345mm x 30mm (Wear to 28mm) to the pre-face lift 55 AMG, within reasonabilty. (Bearing in mind it still has 6 pot calipers over the later 55 AMG) The Brembo 1 piece, are still ventilated and cross-drilled also...

The savings are considerable, and performace is negligable for "ROAD USE!" This post is offered as 'information only' for those who are interested in options. For those who wish to fit the '2 piece rotors - it is or course, their prerogative.'

I believe we as members must help all those who are interested with 'all' available options to give each individual, choices...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just a reminder for those who wish to be aware of other options, let's first listen to someone who explains the differences in Rotors:
https://youtu.be/ZMOCEfH7-zw he mentions 1 piece rotors, and 2 piece rotors for medium track use etc. Full floating rotors, enough said...

1 piece rotors are 'used' with 4 pot calipers on the face-lift 55 AMG. If I may be so bold, Jeff himself has just shown us a close-up of his caliper problem and it quite clearly shows: A, 1 piece disc with a 4 pot caliper. I have to assume that MB has considered that, for road use, this set-up is quite acceptable. Bearing this in mind, if it is okay for MB to do this safely, I have to assume that: "For Road Use" it is comparable to fit the "1 Piece Brembo 345mm x 30mm (Wear to 28mm) to the pre-face lift 55 AMG, within reasonabilty. (Bearing in mind it still has 6 pot calipers over the later 55 AMG) The Brembo 1 piece, are still ventilated and cross-drilled also...

The savings are considerable, and performace is negligable for "ROAD USE!" This post is offered as 'information only' for those who are interested in options. For those who wish to fit the '2 piece rotors - it is or course, their prerogative.'

I believe we as members must help all those who are interested with 'all' available options to give each individual, choices...
This info is really useful! My car won't find itself on a track at any point, so brakes for road use - that's me! I've been told/led to believe that the 1 piece 345mm discs wouldn't fit the early 55's such as my 2005 SLK.. In reality they should be fine then?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought all four discs/rotors,all made by Brembo.

Perfect fit and quality.
Also with some help from fourm members I got a great discount.

Reactions: Terentius55

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
This info is really useful! My car won't find itself on a track at any point, so brakes for road use - that's me! I've been told/led to believe that the 1 piece 345mm discs wouldn't fit the early 55's such as my 2005 SLK.. In reality they should be fine then?
Hi Jockey, a retailer selling the product will normaly give the part numbers and or equivalent OEM numbers, so one can check.

BUT, BEFORE ORDERING ANY COMPONENT, ONE SHOULD 'ALWAYS' EMAIL THE RETAILER TO CONFIRM FITMENT PRIOR TO PURCHASE AND GIVE ONE'S VIN NUMBER AS A MATTER OF COURSE.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.