Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anybody here from Long Island, New York?

6K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  jpm995 
#1 ·
Maybe we can form an Elite SLK Club...

#2 ·
thunderstorm, you already posted in the new member introduce yourself section

i will move this post to the clubs section

http://www.slkworld.com/u-s-northeast-region/

otherwise everyone will want to start welcoming you again

#3 ·
no problem. it is why they pay me the big $$$$. NOT!

#6 ·
Hey thunder, I got your PMs but I don't have enough posts yet to unlock full PM and reply! So I'll reply here!

I'm mostly local to the Five Towns, never been up to Port Jeff so I don't think it was me you saw :(

But, about a year ago about once a week I'd see another firemist slk in my town but I never got a chance to say hey to the guy because we were always going in opposite directions. I haven't seen that car in a while, maybe it was him!

And firemist is CLEARLY the hottest color on the car :)

#9 ·
IIRC ponia003 is currently residing in Long Island, NY.

#10 ·
Yep, here I am! :biglaugh:

Maybe schedule some drives this summer?

#12 ·
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

First please update your vehicle (PUT LOOKING!)(year?: 1996-2016, model?: 32, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300,320,350,55) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t. This takes about 30 seconds to do.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.

Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

#15 ·
Old thread, but here goes, I also live on Long Island on the South Shore. Bellport, Patchogue area.
There does not seem to be much of an SLK following from what I've seen.
Do you know of any clubs, meet ups, or outings during the summertime.
I only use my 2014 SLK250 11K miles, during the Summer. Actually just bought it in November '16
I use my Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr, when not using the SLK in the Summer.

When I had a MINI Cooper there were huge amount of coffee meetups and followings, drives, etc,
but not much for our uniquely luxuriously fun SLK.
A bit disappointing.

Steven

#17 ·
I've got one

Hello! YES!!! I'm from Wantagh and I've been waiting for someone else in the vicinity who owns an SLK to show up. Mine's a '98 and it's my daily driver (still). The reason I drive it daily is because I just LOVE it! Good luck and who knows may be I'll see you one of these days.

#21 ·
#23 ·
#26 ·
I was born and raised in the Bronx if that helps you

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.