Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed these and am interested how they look on your car.
On my car the front wheels are sticking out a bit and the rear therefor needs a 2cm spacer (I think).

So, I'm curious about your look. Did you use rear spacers ? Size ??

Please post some pictures !!!!

Thanks.

Paul

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Dag Paul,
Ik denk dat er weinig response zal zijn op je vraag. De meeste leden vinden 19" een beetje te hard voor het lijf. Maar in het Duitse SLK (mbslk.de) forum weet ik zeker dat er genoeg leden zijn die met 19" rondrijden, wellicht daar even proberen?

Gegroet,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dag Paul,
Ik denk dat er weinig response zal zijn op je vraag. De meeste leden vinden 19" een beetje te hard voor het lijf. Maar in het Duitse SLK (mbslk.de) forum weet ik zeker dat er genoeg leden zijn die met 19" rondrijden, wellicht daar even proberen?

Gegroet,
Ik ga ff kijken daar.

Bedankt.

Paul

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,915 Posts
Deze zijn natuurlijk niet origineel voor de SLK, maar voor een ander model (met een heel andere offset waarschijnlijk). Jameslk55 en Klinh hier op de forum hebben een soortgelijke setup, maar met wielen die niet uitsteken zoals op je foto.

De voorwielen zouden best goed lijken denk ik als je de auto extreem zou verlagen (a la "JDM" setup), maar zoals nu lijken ze voornamelijk niet goed te passen.

Een spacer van 20mm zou niet een groot probleem moeten zijn (mechanisch althans), maar dan steken de achterwielen wellicht ook te veel uit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So what happen to the spacer? I am looking at getting a set of 19" 16 spokes amg mags. Not sure what tyres to get to replace the set of stick 18"s that's on the car.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,295 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Yes i have the same wheels than you and i think that i have the same issues.

I will put some spacers, 20mm i think, it's not badd for mechanic, the problem of our wheels is that the ET is lower than Slk wheels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,

Yes i have the same wheels than you and i think that i have the same issues.

I will put some spacers, 20mm i think, it's not badd for mechanic, the problem of our wheels is that the ET is lower than Slk wheels.
Hi,

I ordered 2cm spacers and mounted them today! NO LUCK!!
Although it seems there's plenty of room between tire and fender they rub l lot.

I took them off as this setup was not drivable.

I'm now wondering what to do. Either staying like this or order a new set of smaller spacers.
First I'm gonna search this forum and others to see if there's anyone with these AMG's on a R171.

Thanks.

Paul

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the problem of our wheels is that the ET is lower than Slk wheels.
Correct, the only strange thing is I read several people with these wheels installed and NOBODY makes an issue out of this.

Slowly I conclude everybody must have these weels sticking out a bit in front.

I tried smaller tires and this helped a bit. At first I had 235/35/19 and now I have 225/35/19. It is a bit better now. Also I bought 4 rubber blocks which I stuck between the springs (2 each side). Also this helped a bit in less rubbing.

Overall I'm convenient now with the looks and drive-ability of the car but if there's someone out there with some more info I'll be glad to hear it.

Don't forget here I have a sportpackage with the factory lowered ride! Maybe 2cm will work for you, if so buy them from me 0:)

Thanks.

Paul

·
Registered 2008 SLK350
2,244 Posts
Paul,

if you compare the figures of your AMG's with those of the original rims, 8,5Jx19 ET30 vs 7,5Jx18 ET37, here http://www.oponeo.nl/banden-advies/et-waarde-van-de-velg you'll see that without spacers they come 6 mm more inwards and 20mm more outwards. If you put in 20 mm spacers you get enough play inwards but they will stick 40 mm outwards now. That's a lot......
As you already suggested, try smaller spacers, maybe 5 mm is already enough.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I don't have the sportpackage, if you want, you could give me your price with the delivery in pm, as i tell it in my presentation, i live in Belgium, tell me also where you live in Netherlands, may me that's it's more interesting for me to go to take it at your house.

But if one day i desire to make my car lower, it could be a problem...
I think that i'll look the ET of the wheel one day when i put the wheel out of my car, because i don't know it and with this measure, i think (and hope) that it could be easy to calculate the best choice for a spacer.

My dad tell me that the 10mm spacers are certainly the best choice.

Asap I do that, i post my experience on the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts