Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that SL owners got 6 mos free of Sirius when they buy a new car. Any SLK owners get 1-6 mos of the same?

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Yes, and in most cases, they won't cut it off exactly after six months. Could run for several months longer. Once they cut it off, call them and sign up over the phone.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
I think I was told the Sirius was for 6 months, but I think it actually ran for a year before someone came knocking looking for money.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder how I get them to do it for mine... ask? or was it just "there" ?

I already have Sirius but it sounds like I shouldn't say anything about that.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I bought two MB's in February - the SLK55 and the ML350 - and both came with 6 months of Sirius. The dealer activated upon delivery.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh boy oh boy! I don't know why that is a nice extra benny.

I'm supposed to get the VIN# today and start the paperwork Wednesday or Friday as soon as I can get over there.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
When I brought mine, I got 12 months free and sirius gave me an additional two months, for a total of 14 months free subscription, I didn't used it much but they did have a free great radio stations.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I got 15 months for free!

About 6 months ago, I called in asking to activate my service. This was long after I purchased my car. The phone rep said I got 3 months free service with a MB. I told her it should be 6 months service per the car's documentation. She put me on hold and spoke to her supervisor and said I'd get 1yr 3mos free service! Hopefully, it'll keep going charge free after that. I don't use it a lot but enjoy the comedy channels every so often.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I love my sirius, i got like 7 months free.

Just call up over the phone with the esn number that shows up on your screen.

·
Registered
146 Posts
my sirius was free for 1 year (the salesgirl told me that when we purchased the car). after the said time, it shows a "call this number to renew" on the display

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I was inspecting the 55 this morning I found the slip in the center console that you use to activate the 6 mos service!

I'll kick that in Thursday when I do the second inspection. I think I'll tell 'em the sales person said it was 1 year and see what the Sirius rep says/does. Did anybody do/say anything special to get the year vs lettin 6 mos slip to 7+???

That way mamma can listen to her "Totally 70s" Sirius station (#7) on the way home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Late response... I jut got my SLK55 a couple months ago. It was used with 3000 miles and the Sirius radio activated. When I contacted Sirius to find out how long was left in the trial period, they told me that they didn't have my ID on record. I have free Sirius for life :) Yeahhh me!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Late response... I jut got my SLK55 a couple months ago. It was used with 3000 miles and the Sirius radio activated. When I contacted Sirius to find out how long was left in the trial period, they told me that they didn't have my ID on record. I have free Sirius for life :) Yeahhh me!!!
Wow, nice one!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looks like I also have free Sirius for life. Got my 06 used last march and have been using Serius ever since without paying a cent :rb

Or maybe last owner just forgot to cancel it lol?

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Nice and welcome to the forum. :rb

Looks like I also have free Sirius for life. Got my 06 used last march and have been using Serius ever since without paying a cent :rb

Or maybe last owner just forgot to cancel it lol?
Most likely, it's was free anyways so it doesn't cost the owner a thing, maybe you'll get lucky and get it free for life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.