Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on the western slope of Colorado, only about 35 miles from the Utah border. I have seen some news about a club in AZ, but am not finding much on gatherings in Colorado.
I bought this car to replace our Custom Harley touring bike, (just getting a little long in the tooth to keep pushing my luck on 2 wheels), that I plan on selling this spring. I enjoyed meeting up with other owners of my Screamin' Eagle Harley, and was anticipating doing the same with this fun little car.
If anyone has information on clubs or get togethers in Colorado, I would be interested. Clubs in Denver or on the front range would not be something I would go to regularly, since it is about 250 miles away, but it would be better than nothing.
If there is nothing around, what do I do to try to get one started?
You might note some similarity between my old and new ride.

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,738 Posts
If there is not any action, start a thread with a meet, location, date, time,etc
or ask for ideas for a meet in Colorado.
Then see who signs up

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,738 Posts
search the member list for people that live in Colorado and send them a private message

be aware of when they were on last as they might have lost interest

·
Premium Member
11,022 Posts
Why not start your own Colorado SLK Enthusiasts Club. It's nice when you get to be the leader & create the drives & lunches. I started out with 2 SLK Members and we have now grown. To 60+ members. I created some nice business cards and also advertised in the local newspapers. We will be coming up on our 5 year SLK group anniversary in May 2016. We also list our events on SLKWORLD.COM, plus I have an Email list just for Members, as well as a Facebook SLK Group page. Just some ideas? Don

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will keep your post, but you are the first one to show interest, so it appears there are not many members in this area, or even in the state. I did a member search, and most of the ones I found in Colorado, were not active members.
I will keep you posted if I get any more responses.
I have several ideas for a drive and meet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will keep your post, but you are the first one to show interest, so it appears there are not many members in this area, or even in the state. I did a member search, and most of the ones I found in Colorado, were not active members.
I will keep you posted if I get any more responses.
I have several ideas for a drive and meet.
Sounds good, I know of only one other SLK driver around here. Hopefully more turn up.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I'm a new CO SLK owner, picked mine up (actually it was dropped off...) two weeks ago. I'm in Boulder, and open to some fun SLK-based activities.

There is a Mile High section of the MB Club of North America. Some MB dealers give a parts/accessories discount, if I can find a dealer with that deal, i'll probably join, since I need a replacement smartkey. They may be able to help find interested SLKers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interested in Colorado Meetup

I'm in the Denver/Aurora Area. I'd also be interested in a meetup or something.:smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts