Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any positive experiences with any MB dealers in the NJ/NY area - don't mind the proximity just hoping there may be a few out here. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Any positive experiences with any MB dealers in the NJ/NY area - don't mind the proximity just hoping there may be a few out here. Thank you in advance.
For sales or service?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
For both service and sales please. Thanks very much.
For service I have had good experiences with MB of Massapequa on LI. They offer free loaners for longer services. When they replaced my conductor plate, the foreman looked at the work and saw some oil weeping, so they threw the new part in the trash and ordered another one. Prices are typical for a NY MB dealer.

I haven't bought a car in NY yet, so I can't comment on sales.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,346 Posts
I have a GLA and had problems while visiting the NE NJ last summer. Went to the dealer in Paramus NJ, Prestige Motors. I was very impressed with the service department. It is a very large dealership. Due to I was more than 300 miles from home and under warranty they got me a replacement part over night that's a normal 2 day delivery, they were out of loaners so the got me a rental car that MB paid the charges. I was back on the road in less than 24 hours. It has two shifts of techains one working something like 6 am to 2 pm and a second shift for 2 pm to 10 pm and around 50 bays. By the way after pulling into the service area in a hours time they came to me they had found the problem with an appointment they did this.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
220 Posts
When I purchased my 2006 SLK350 in 2014, I brought it to MB Smithtown on LI for an inspection. They provided a complete list of items checked, and offered an advisory on the manifold flap, stating it was broken, but I could wait awhile to address it. I’m glad I waited, because I quickly learned via this wonderful site that I could repair, not replace the manifold, which I did. Saved lots of $$. Little did I know, that they failed to closely check the inside band of my front tires, because they were worn to the steel bands. I returned several days later for an oil change, and the service manager came over while the car was on the lift, and noticed the tires. Having remembered the car from my previous visit, he flew into a rage at the service tech who had done the inspection! He promptly ordered 2 new tires installed free of charge, and sincerely apologized for the error. So to sum up, he could have sold me a brand new manifold and 2 front tires, instead I spent $300 for the tumble flap repair from my indie.
Now I must admit that I do most repairs myself now, but in my book, MB Smithtown does things right!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts