Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up a few days ago... going to phase out my W202's daily duties as it's turned 202,000 miles. Big change, 2.0T FSI manual shift, sport package, and a really firm ride compared to my C Class. Lots of modding potential, should be fun.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
dealer gave me an A3 as a loaner when my Q7 was in for maintenance, nice car. Love Audi suspension calibration-firm but not harsh...the Q handles way better than one would expect for the size...nice choice

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Good choice. We have a 2012 A3 Sportback Sport 2.0 TDi as a family / daily commute and can't fault it does everything we want it to do very well. Only problem is my wife is the main driver these days and she finds the engine boring, although most cars are after driving a SLK55 :D. Your choice of engine is a better one. Am considering the new S3 when it comes to replacement.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
We have a Golf TDI GT, pretty much the same car in a different dress...

And for sure it's OK to talk about other makes and models of cars in the Off Topic area...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad I'm in good company! I'm replacing the serpentine belt and tensioner this weekend... I'm getting help since the engine in this car is in there sideways.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have an '06 VW GTI with the 2.0T FSI engine - its my daily driver. The SLK is my wife's/our weekend fun-in-the-Cali-sun sled.

My GTI is mildly modded - cat back exhaust, lowered Tein S-Tech/Koni suspension, and Audi RS4 wheels. I drive home with the sunroof open and the windows down - which led us to finding an SLK.

FYI - search for Audi FSI cam follower, which is an issue with the FSI engines.

Enjoy driving - and modding -and driving your A3!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Regularly read the Humour thread - obviously my humour doesn't translate well to the written medium !

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Regularly read the Humour thread - obviously my humour doesn't translate well to the written medium !
Yup, I've been looking for a "tongue in cheek" smilie, so I'm sorry if I over-reacted to your comment.
(Yes, I'm also in a household with a Golf TDi, but my guilty secret is a Renault Laguna dCi. )
Anon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts