Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
*Registered
2019 SLC300
3,018 Posts
We once had an NC/SC SLK owners group. Unfortunately, with what has happened over the past two-plus years with COVID, it has become dominant. Maybe if there is enough interest, it could be brought back to life. We used to have a meet-up a few times a year. We need a person to find a place we could all get together. A Saturday luncheon had worked in the past. A place where say, around 20 or so, people could have lunch together and park our cars in a group in a parking lot.

In this section of the forum, U.S. Southeast Region, there are posts of past meet-ups. Maybe view the posts to see what was done in the past. Look for heading on the posts that start with "NC/SC SLK Group."

·
*Registered
2014 SLK250
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rob, I rarely if ever plan to be back to the Triangle, since I'm retired now living in Ocean Isle . . . I see several SLK's and SLC's around here, fyi. What kind of work are you planning on your car?
Hi, I actually love OIB. It’s my favorite beach that I grew up going to!

As far as work on my car, it needs a paint correction and ceramic coating definitely. And I need to get that module that lets me open and raise the top from the key fob.

But it doesn’t need much beyond that. I’m not nuts about the wheels. Mine is a base 250 and has the plain base wheels. I’d love to invest in the twin spoke AMG wheels.

·
*Registered
2019 SLC300
3,018 Posts
Hi, I actually love OIB. It’s my favorite beach that I grew up going to!

As far as work on my car, it needs a paint correction and ceramic coating definitely. And I need to get that module that lets me open and raise the top from the key fob.

But it doesn’t need much beyond that. I’m not nuts about the wheels. Mine is a base 250 and has the plain base wheels. I’d love to invest in the twin spoke AMG wheels.
The smart top is the module that lets you use the key flop to control the top. It also lets you program other functions of the car. One that I like can lower and raise the top with the car is moving at speed you set up to 30 mph. It takes less than an hour to install. The direction is very clear and easy to follow. I had one on a 2007 SLK with one, and the first thing I did to my 2019 SLC was installing one.

·
*Registered
2002 SLK320
4 Posts
I actually rarely see other SLKs in the Triangle area of NC. I'm just starting to learn about how to work on my own car and would love to meet up with some folks here in the state.

I just bought a 2002 SLK 320 with 30 thousand miles on it it’s silver but I want to see how to make it look cooler I’d be down for meetup !!!

·
*Registered
2014 SLK250
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey ya'll.....I've been off the site for a bit (busy with life, you know how it goes) but I'd still like to do a NC meet up. Of those who have expressed interest @RDHinNCwithSLK , where are ya'll located? Obviously @brewdad82 listed Richmond County, which is kinda south central. I'm in the Raleigh area.

I'm open to suggestions depending on what RDH says.

·
*Registered
2019 SLC300
3,018 Posts
I am in for having one. I am in the Myrtle Beach area. We are going into the tourist season, so for the next 4 or 5 months not a good time to have one here on the Grand Strand. Maybe someone could host one over the summer somewhere upstate in NC and SC. I would be willing to help someone upstate to plan one. It is not hard to do; I did several in my area some years back. Check in the Southeast section of the board for 2016 to 2019 under the heading NC/SC SLK Group post of things we have done. (1) US Southeast Region | Mercedes SLK World.

Oh, there is a dormant FaceBook group. (1) NC/SC SLK Owners | Facebook

You can email me at [email protected]

·
*Registered
2002 SLK320
4 Posts
Hey ya'll.....I've been off the site for a bit (busy with life, you know how it goes) but I'd still like to do a NC meet up. Of those who have expressed interest @RDHinNCwithSLK , where are ya'll located? Obviously @brewdad82 listed Richmond County, which is kinda south central. I'm in the Raleigh area.

I'm open to suggestions depending on what RDH says.
RDU area too I’m in the triangle !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts