Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the time and location are right, I might be up for it. Are we talking about this year or next?
Just saw a group do an awesome drive in the pocono area. I would be up for that or trecking down to Maryland in one of the upcoming weekends while the leaves are still changing

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just saw a group do an awesome drive in the pocono area. I would be up for that or trecking down to Maryland in one of the upcoming weekends while the leaves are still changing

Ya, we did have a great time. The route took CTROY at least 4-5 hours to map out and put into his GPS the day before. As I said, woke up at 4:30 in the morning and drove down was totally worth the money !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ya, we did have a great time. The route took CTROY at least 4-5 hours to map out and put into his GPS the day before. As I said, woke up at 4:30 in the morning and drove down was totally worth the money !!
If you guys are interested I would be happy to map out something similar, perhaps through West chester, Pa and into Lancaster, PA hitting wineries, brew pubs and omish sites (GR8 Food) similar to the agenda and length of the trip you guys just did

·
Registered
561 Posts
depending on the dates, i would be interested too. And if you can map out and show the spots etc, i think you will get more interest.

by the way, i still can't get over the last meet we had. what a great trip / drive! =)

·
Registered
9 Posts
depending on the dates, i would be interested too. And if you can map out and show the spots etc, i think you will get more interest.

by the way, i still can't get over the last meet we had. what a great trip / drive! =)
Hey Guys,
I'm in the process of mapping out the trip, what was the average time bewtween stops on the pocono trip? What felt good ~1/2 hour? What was max~1 hr?
Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Our Pocono ride was about 70 miles, all back roads (no highway). We left our meeting point around 11am and got to our finish point around 4:30. We had four stops along the way, each lasting about 45 minutes on average. I would guess the longest stretch of driving might have been 45 minutes between breaks.

Your guess of drive time between breaks of more than a half hour and less than an hour is just about right. Try and stay out of congested areas, stop lights and traffic take away a lot of the fun and it is harder to keep the group together.

I have arranged a few group drives over the years. This one went pretty smooth and I think it was enjoyed by the drivers and passengers. Let me know if you would like more details.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our Pocono ride was about 70 miles, all back roads (no highway). We left our meeting point around 11am and got to our finish point around 4:30. We had four stops along the way, each lasting about 45 minutes on average. I would guess the longest stretch of driving might have been 45 minutes between breaks.

Your guess of drive time between breaks of more than a half hour and less than an hour is just about right. Try and stay out of congested areas, stop lights and traffic take away a lot of the fun and it is harder to keep the group together.

I have arranged a few group drives over the years. This one went pretty smooth and I think it was enjoyed by the drivers and passengers. Let me know if you would like more details.
Hey Roy,

I put one together today with those basic parameters in mind. I might adjust a few things over the next few days but, the basics are there. Mostly back roads with great twists, two wineries, one brewery, all with tours, three covered bridges, pass by a revolutinary war battlefield, start at a great breakfast spot in the country and end at a restaurant with a nice atmosphere, fire place, live music etc. I'll try to figure out how attach what I've got so far for feedback.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Drove 1500 miles since Wednesday night to pick up a 2007 SLK55 030 in Chicago. If we're free, we'd love to participate. I haven't seen any route info yet.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:I work every Saturday. I'm normally busy on Sunday but if something is planned for Sunday and based on location, I would do my best to attend.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ching: temp drop + rain. The rain just stopped and i went out for a quick ride [outside temp 55F] with top down.....wattaaaa ride!!

-1-: Definetly need to do one good meet / ride before the temp drops even more!

WCU: did you anything mapped yet? :)

Common guys...lets get one last meet going before the official winter hits!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know am reviving a two year old thread...but if you guys want to do something like this in the future again, am down...i live in Baltimore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts