Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in an office group of 5 that plays Mega Millions Lotto each week.

Most we have hit is $42.:tazz:

How about you?

What's your best win?

What would you do with your winnings?

I'd buy me a NEW SLK and have it painted COPPER!!!!

How about an SLKWorld group buy of tickets on the next large Lotto???? Eh Bill???? We could all PayPal you $10 each and then we could ALL retire!!! LOL

SLKman:tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:td:Lotto, $1 investment, endless possibilities. Use to play often, now only several times a year. Bottom line, terrible waste of hard earned money.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
:td:Lotto, $1 investment, endless possibilities. Use to play often, now only several times a year. Bottom line, terrible waste of hard earned money.
When I was younger, I told myself to buy lotto when I'm legal but didnt buy my first lotto ticket until I was 24yo, never been into it, occassionally when it's at 150million plus, I'll buy a couple.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, but a couple of bucks a week ain't gonna hurt nothing. Plus I sure would hate to be the only one left here working while all my buddies are out fishing and enjoying that cashola.:biglaugh:

Someone has to win...maybe it will be us.:rb

Can't win if you don't play.:Beer:

SLKman:tu:

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Won $3,100 about 20 years ago in Illinois. Have probably given all that back. I play Power Ball for $20 a week. Can't win if you don't play. But I'll probably never win. I also do that once a year, $100 a ticket, win a $1M house raffle for charity. Only a couple thousand tickets sold. Odds of some type of prize are 1 in 15.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Play often...probs a few quid a week on the Wed & Sat Draws and Euromillions when the pot builds up.

Someones gotta win...may as well be me. I've tried all sorts of methods, from simple spreadsheet generating random numbers, to putting numbers that mean some thing in a WACC formulae to give me completely random numbers (Sad or What!!)....don't trust lucky dips thats all and don't put the same numbers on weekly, in case I forget to put em on.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
After years of prayin to win the lottery, one night the Lord appeared in my sleep, I asked, "Lord, I have been good, done as the good book demands and all I have ever asked was to win the lottery one time, and you never responded" what must I do? The Lord in a voice very soft and calm replied " Doug, buy at least one ticket". DUH HUH

As a nurse once said " If I ever win that lottery, I'm gonna call in rich". And then git that transmission in my Pinto fixed....

Makes sense to me!!!:confused::confused::confused: :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I play the Mega Millions and Powerball drawings every week. That's $4/week, and it's usually with several other people in a pool. To me, $208 a year is NOTHING for any chance at winning millions of dollars. If I took that same money over 20 years and put it in a 5% savings account, I'd have roughly $7500. An average professional will have made 7 figures total over that 20 years...doesn't seem like a great expense to me. :confused:

Plus, the money helps fund State programs. :biglaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.