Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would love to though I am now moving out of the area at the end of the month. If you would like to start working on a online presence I would be glad to help. It would be great to have a group to meet with when I'm in town.

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
42,005 Posts
Why not try and get a meet going here:
Mercedes Benz SLK Forum - A Mercedes Benz Discussion Forum

If you get interest, maybe discuss forming a regional club.

I managed to use a bike club to negotiate a discount on parts with a local garage.
Once you get something like that, more folk join up.

·
*Premium member
2018 SLC43 w/P30
784 Posts
I'm in, although the Dallas (NTX) and Fort Worth chapters have great events and trips. Worth a shot. An SLK 350 won second or third in the favorite car contest at the recent Dallas picnic, even though there were some exotics there. A very old sedan won first place, deserved. The SLK wasn't as cool as mine, but I got there late (well, at the advertised start time, early birds got the good spots) and was down at the end and wasn't looked at much. Some had already voted.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
413 Posts
I know that this is a very old and non active thread but I figured I would bump it. I just moved to the Joe Pool Lake area in South Dallas area. I am in need of a great shop that could help me maintain and do little customizations on my 05' SLK350. I would love to join a group as well if others are looking to meet for coffee or just to chill and talk about our cars. :nerd:

·
Founding Member 2006
113,396 Posts
I know that this is a very old and non active thread but I figured I would bump it. I just moved to the Joe Pool Lake area in South Dallas area. I am in need of a great shop that could help me maintain and do little customizations on my 05' SLK350. I would love to join a group as well if others are looking to meet for coffee or just to chill and talk about our cars. :nerd:
Maintain? :D you might want this in the
repair shops - usa section

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
413 Posts
I was looking more into a group meetup but if everyone finds a repair shop that is reliable, that would be great too!

Reactions: SLKomatic

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
15,646 Posts
Texas SLK Meets just do it!

If you would like help, let me know! There are 253+- members in Texas!
The easiest way to start a SLK group, just start with a SLK Cars & coffee meet in Texas. Starts small & expand monthly, some newspapers will let you advertise free in the auto drive section. If you need help I would be more than happy to help. You have over 250+ SLK’s inTexas. That is the way I started the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts and have over 90 SLK members. It takes time but if you are devoted you get to pick the dates, times & meet locations. Easy peasy!:laugh:

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
15,646 Posts
@RNVSLK
Here are the guidelines I use for Meets/Drives

Meet- The meet time is approximately one hour, starting at 10:30AM. The location should be:
1) Easy to find.
2) Have an area of open parking able to accommodate up to 20+ SLK's.
3)Must be near clean restrooms (public or business) nearby.
4) Preferably near coffee and/or food.
Drive at 11:30: You would like to have a group drive and prefer it to be some enjoyable route that you can safely negotiate with the group of SLK's ; no time or mileage limits, but think about what would be attractive to a group.

Attractions/Events- In the past we have stopped to tour Historical sites, Museums, wildlife areas, planetariums, and other places of interest, but inclusion of these is not necessary.

Optional Lunch- Picking a place for the optional lunch should be done with the following criteria:
1)Enough place to safely park.
2)A reasonably priced menu.
3) A menu that is broad enough to appeal to a group.
4) The ability for a reservation to seat the group together & allow separate check for each couple.

Reactions: mckinney and RNVSLK

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
15,646 Posts
@RNVSLK just grab the bull by the horns, pick a Starbucks nearby your home & just have a meet for SLK’s only. Call it SLK cars & coffee for your 1st meet, advertise in the local paper if it’s free. You should start a new thread with the details of your meet here on SLKWORLD too. This way more Texas SLK’ers will view a newer thread here & will comment & say they are interested in going. Also never ask an open ended question. State the meet location, date & time. Ez pz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.