Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so pls take a look at this link

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/fotos-mercedes-g-klasse-1251918.html#bild1|ref=http://www.autobild.de/artikel/mercedes-g-klasse-1250513.html

Don,t be shy left right click i find it impressive how the G Wagen went from a drawing to a production model to a top of the line Mb Wagon with a price tag of over 100k. And if that is not enough there is always more $$$$ to spend.
Aah the old days when Steyr Puch made the G Wagen to Brabus and between.

Personally i think the G Wagen deserves a place in history just like the Land Rover Unimog and a pint of Guiness. HHHmm Guiness Land Rover G Wagen i can see a thunder cloud brewing between the Island Gearheads and them stuffy stiff warm drinking beerheads from Germany. Oh well let the show begin. For me personally Guiness 1st G wagen 2nd and yes call me if you get stuck in your Land Rover i will sent the G Wagen over. :rb:rb:rb:rb:soap::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer:;)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Big fan of the G-class, I've got a 2010 G55 AMG Edition 79, basically a 30th anniversary model for the Middle East and limited to 79 only.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Its a Puch in disguise ;)

Apparently the pope's version has the colour "Vaticanmystic "

Looking forward to the AMG Unimog, it'll need some rather long skirts .... :burnout:

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
The price is due to the high cost of the Puch welding robots. Apparently their productivity is hampered by the need for "toilets", "food" and "sleep".

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Some of you may remember that I spent the first half of 2009 in Hamburg? This was covering for a colleague that took his G-Wagon around Australia. And I mean around Australia. He and his wife covered something like 10,000 km on their trip. All of the wheel bearings were 'Donald Ducked' when he got it back to Germany. So no doubt a very capable motor car.

Never been a fan myself, would rather have an early Landrover..

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I love the G Wagons. They're gorgeous.

That is what a REAL SUV is. Typical SUVs today are for people who want to drive high up in the air for no reason, they should be in an estate if they need extra cargo room.

A G Wagon is a REAL capable machine for off road use. Furthermore, I think it looks fantastic and is just a real treasure and historic piece in the Mercedes lineup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.