Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2001 SLK320 with 90,000kms. The front shocks are running at 60% efficiency and the ones on the rear are at 70% and 7%. So I'm thinking of replacing all four. There is currently a Eibach Bilstein B12 Fahrwerk Pro-Kit available for around 600Euros. Has anyone had any experience as I don't want to make the suspension too harsh.
Or should I just replace the existing with SACHS?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I've had the B12 suspension on now for almost a month. It's definitely stiff, and on rough roads like Alberta's Icefields Parkway (I'm up here on vacation) the combination of stiff suspension and short wheelbase make for some uncomfortable stretches of road. On smooth roads, the ride is very composed and bumps or other pavement discontinuities result in a solid "thump" and the car doesn't porpoise on the suspension at all. The B12 kit sets you up for exceptional cornering, as the car takes a set immediately and stays flat. If you like tearing through the twisties, it's great. If you want an effortlessly smooth ride under all conditions, it isn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your feedback. I've had a couple of 911s with stiff suspension and it does get tiresome. I might stick with the OEM Bilstein option which is also a cost saving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.