Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
*Registered
SLK Disposed of
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cut a long story short had not used my car all week and weather here has been heavy rain until yesterday, got in my car today and water on the passengers seat and it was dripping between the roof latch (front) Not sure what you call it.
I am sure you all know were I mean, done a few tests with the hose pipe and leaks after a while.
I have been looking on the net about this and thought I would be OK as I thought my roof was metal but it is plastic.
Will go back to the dealer after it rains and leaks again.
What I would like to know is your thoughts.
I got the car on 30/06/15 I got one year used car warranty so still have over 3 months left. Do you think the roof leak will be covered I am now getting a bit worried I have already had 3 things go wrong but been done under warranty. Thank you. (and its red):crying:

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK200
415 Posts
Hi
Good day.
I am sorry you got the same problem as I had when I first got my SLK.

Getting to the seller for solution was really a waste of time.

I got my solution here in SLKworld & did it myself within 30 minutes.
But all thanks to the members here, especially ID: jbanks15 & others.

All I need was a torx driver & a 10mm spanner.

Please try to do it yourself and you will enjoy it.

After that as someone have said, have a beer or two, LOL.
Thank you & have a nice day.

ps: if I can find the link, I will post it here otherwise I am afraid you have to search for it.

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
187 Posts
Cut a long story short had not used my car all week and weather here has been heavy rain until yesterday, got in my car today and water on the passengers seat and it was dripping between the roof latch (front) Not sure what you call it.
I am sure you all know were I mean, done a few tests with the hose pipe and leaks after a while.
I have been looking on the net about this and thought I would be OK as I thought my roof was metal but it is plastic.
Will go back to the dealer after it rains and leaks again.
What I would like to know is your thoughts.
I got the car on 30/06/15 I got one year used car warranty so still have over 3 months left. Do you think the roof leak will be covered I am now getting a bit worried I have already had 3 things go wrong but been done under warranty. Thank you. (and its red):crying:
I had issues within 3 months of buying mine from Inchcape MB, it went back and forth until finally MB of Leicester had the car in removed the roof and used a technical bullentin fix which takes a mould of the roof to form a seal and then it was refitted and no problems in over a year now, So complain like hell like I did as I gor a 2 year service pack plus my roof fixed. Threaten them with going to MB UK and I am sure you will get it sorted :)

·
*Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG
522 Posts
Wel I'm with markuk here, get it back to the dealer while it's still under warrenty. The roof leak will be covered, and should be repaired free of charge as it's not fit for purpose.
The repair solution posted earlier is a good call, but save that for when your warrenty runs out.

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
612 Posts
have the same problem, found a massive leak about 3 days after getting the car. It was back with the main dealer today in fact, inspected and booked in for the mould fix on 4 April for a few days. No issues with the dealer, I'll get a car covering the time they have it and it's all under warranty. It's worth taking it to the dealer to fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.