Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking advantage of the recent blue skies north of the border, I went for a top down drive sticking to the main A roads for a change. :D

A nice leisurely cruise with tunes playing. Didn't realise the camera would pick them up so well! :surprise:

A wee taste of Scotland to whet the appetite of those members who are coming on the April road trip. :smile:

I've split the route into four parts :-

Callander to Strathyre .....

Strathyre to Lochearnhead .....

Lochearnhead to Lix Toll .....

Lix Toll to Crianlarich ....

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
2,188 Posts
Very enjoyable and informative Davie, I enjoyed the ride again! I did do a sharp intake of breath after the lorry overtake in the first clip, for a moment I thought it was a Police camera van parked at the side of the road :surprise: do you get those in your neck of the woods?
Thanks for the ride look forward to the next one. :tu:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Another great set of videos Davie, thanks for sharing! :tu:

My appetite has now been well and truly whetted for our trip next April - I just want to know how you're going to provide the running commentary while we're driving around though... will you be providing us all with head-up displays?? :D

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,830 Posts
I just watched all four videos which I really enjoyed. Even the music was good. Was that a compilation of music you brought or did you put it together yourself?

·
14,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very enjoyable and informative Davie, I enjoyed the ride again! I did do a sharp intake of breath after the lorry overtake in the first clip, for a moment I thought it was a Police camera van parked at the side of the road :surprise: do you get those in your neck of the woods?
Thanks for the ride look forward to the next one.
:tu:
Aye, we get camera vans ... and unmarked cars parked on bridges with cameras set up in them ... and unmarked cars and motorcycles on patrol ... and fixed cameras as well ... they've certainly got the camera angle well sorted! :frown: Luckily they advertise where the camera vans are going to be over the coming week in the local papers. :surprise:

Another great set of videos Davie, thanks for sharing! :tu:

My appetite has now been well and truly whetted for our trip next April - I just want to know how you're going to provide the running commentary while we're driving around though... will you be providing us all with head-up displays?? :D
Not sure about head-up displays, but I could go with passenger notes ... a bit like rally pace notes but with historical facts etc.. Give the passengers something to do. :D

I just watched all four videos which I really enjoyed. Even the music was good. Was that a compilation of music you brought or did you put it together yourself?
I have an MP3 player which I filled with my favourite tracks from the last sixty years. I just plug it in and hit random play. Every track's a winner, to my ears, and I think I'd have to drive to the moon and back before it started repeating them. :smile:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,114 Posts
Callander to Strathyre .....

Ha, Ha!

We stayed at Poppies in Callander last year. First stay was 5star
Second not so much.

But we drove that very same road and hit the shop coming out of Callander.

All the meadows were flooded!

Great set of vids and good roads too!
Where you'll get 25 slks parked up is for anyone to guess.

Loved the SUV overtaking the lorry coming out of Lix Toll.
Classic bone head.
They see a sports car behind and think they are Graham Hill.
So concerned with flooring it he left his indicators on (or was that to stop you coming by, maybe?)

Usual outcome.
They are working hard to do the work that an AMG does with ease.
They slow and let you past.

Hope we catch a similar day.

How many dances do you know?

·
14,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did have a comment about the SUV driver when he went to pull out, something about Richard and his head. :D

Don't have to worry about parking 25 cars on that route ....... It's one of the few roads that we won't be travelling on. :grin:

As for dances, I only know one, I just hope it continues to work Myk. :smile:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts