Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a 'Summer Launch' party to attend in the Sierra foothills, so took off yesterday morning in Die Gelbe Gefahr and rolled up there. Beautiful weather, lovely roads, and a great party. Stayed in Murphys overnight with my partner, very comfy hotel. Up early this morning, a nice breakfast at a great little cafe nearby, then down and across the Central Valley again. Managed to route my way around all the Sunday traffic and it was even nice enough out to do it top down about 2/3 of the way.

The SLK inspires me to go on these short trips. It runs flawlessly and extremely comfortably throughout. I can only think wistfully of how nice a new one might be, but I'm very happy I went for this one.

Now if only Mercedes can come up with the catalytic converter I ordered at the end of April! I'm getting a little tired of it sounding like a 1957 Chevy with a broken muffler when I start it up ... !

·
Registered
174 Posts
A nice tale for sure.

I was starting to regret selling my SLK when we had a warm spell here in the UK during May, but that lasted only a few days. It has just been noted officially as the wettest few months (April to June) ever recorded.

I wish we could send some of our rain to my friends in Colorado.

Reactions: nakulan7
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.