Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been a long time lurker here on SLK World (for at least a year and a half or so) but finally got around to creating an account, and figured I should probably introduce myself.

With lots of great help from various posts here, I picked up a used white 2005 SLK 350 here in Vancouver, BC at the start of the summer last year and have been loving it ever since. If you're up here in Vancouver and see a white SLK driving around in the dead of winter with the top down, that's probably me. Between the Airscarf and the heated seats, my rule of thumb is that if it's above zero (Celcius) and not raining, the top goes down. :) I definitely get some strange looks when it's February and I've got the top down, but hey, I didn't buy a convertible to drive with the top up.

Hopefully I'll get around to posting a bit more here, but I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone here for all the great information provided here, which helped me make the choice to get this amazing vehicle. I test drove a number of other roadsters before deciding on the 350, and haven't looked back since.

Cheers!

~James

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
welcome and congrats, glad to have have you join our community.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome James!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Greetings from Atlanta!

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!!! My lower limit is about 45 deg F. Below that is kinda cold.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
...and see a white SLK driving around in the dead of winter with the top down, that's probably me. Between the Airscarf and the heated seats, my rule of thumb is that if it's above zero (Celcius) and not raining, the top goes down. :) ...
~James
AMEN brudder, same rule works for me! :tu:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I grew up on the prairies, so the dip to 0 degrees doesn't really phase me much (though I do admit to having softened up a fair bit since I moved out to the coast here). I have fond recollections of standing in line outside at nightclubs in -35 degree weather. Ah the joys of being young and stupid. :)

I do also love how the SLK avoids rain in the cabin above certain speeds. I once got caught out on the highway from Edmonton to Vancouver when out of nowhere it started raining, but as long as I kept it above 75kph or so, not a drop entered the cabin. That was an amazing drive -- I highly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity (going through Jasper National Park). It was a perfect day for it... all the mountain bowls were filled with fog, so as I would descend it would get foggy and cool (and on would go the heated seats and Airscarf), then someways along each ascent I would break through into bright sunshine. Best drive of my life, without a doubt (and it didn't hurt that the roads were almost empty, which allowed for a bit of speed).

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.