Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another new recruit ...

898 views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  hasontour 
#1 ·
Hi all
Virtual card behind the bar ... sold my much loved MX-5 Mk1 today after 6 years and lots of polish - and tomorrow will be entering the world of electric roofs, superchargers and automatic transmissions ... will I love it or loathe it ? the latter I'm hoping ... I see there is a fantastic amount of great information on here so I'm sure I'll be in good company and in the right place should I have any issues. Picking up a 2004 SLK 200 with all the bells and whistles tomorrow - never had a heated steering wheel before so that's going to be interesting ! Look forward to some great motoring ahead.
Cheers
Andy :smile:

#2 ·
Welcome to SLKWorld.com, the elite Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Lakeland, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.

Here are just a few easy instructions to make your membership a fun and productive experience:
The "Search" feature at the top right of the page is for searching the forum. Many questions have already been asked and answered by our knowledgeable members.
If you are having difficulty finding a solution, you can post your question in the appropriate discussion forum. By doing this, you should receive a quicker response, but please be patient as the forum is worldwide and members live in different time zones.
Private Message (pm) is a tool to communicate with other members privately for instructions or just chatting. In order to do this you must have at least 15 posts. It's easy to obtain the posts by clicking on the "New Members Introduce Yourself Here" section and just welcome the new members (like we welcomed you).
As a member you have the privilege to vote and/or enter our Ride of the Month competition, we welcome new SLKs to compete and new members to vote:
ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
If you have any questions/comments please let us know and we will be happy to help you.

Marykay

#4 ·
Hi Andy, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

Surely you mean "the former I'm hoping"... surely you mean you hope you'll love it?! :D

In the meantime, please update your profile with your vehicle model year (2004 SLK 200), if you haven’t already done so, as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
Follow this to update: ‘User CP’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ (and then click ‘SAVE CHANGES’ button at the bottom of the page). Info in your garage does not update your profile.

Some great R171 info, including Owner’s/Maintenance/COMAND manuals, etc.:

Don’t forget to lube those seals:

Download your car’s brochure:

Mods you should think about doing to your SLK:

Thank you
Dave

#6 ·
Hi Andy, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

Surely you mean "the former I'm hoping"... surely you mean you hope you'll love it?! :D

In the meantime, please update your profile with your vehicle model year (2004 SLK 200), if you haven’t already done so, as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
Follow this to update: ‘User CP’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ (and then click ‘SAVE CHANGES’ button at the bottom of the page). Info in your garage does not update your profile.

Some great R171 info, including Owner’s/Maintenance/COMAND manuals, etc.:

Don’t forget to lube those seals:

Download your car’s brochure:

Mods you should think about doing to your SLK:
Thank you
Dave

Thanks - yes, the latter - I hope im going to love it ! :wink:

#8 ·
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

#15 ·
I too am a recovering MX5 owner (GROUP: Hi Roxannne....).

On my honor, it's been almost six months since I've driven a Miata. It took two of them and about 15 yrs but I finally kicked the habit. Now I get by with a little help from my friend, the SLK. You won't be sorry! (But be warned, you will miss that little bugger called Miata)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.