Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just landed after flying back from Frankfurt - didn't sleep well, up at midnight Canada time...

Flight went well, customs left me alone, and I'm walking out to a nice summer day and the parking lot... Bathroom reno guy calls, we chat, but I'm trying to put him off till I speak to CinCHouseFleet... So I get to the car (my daily is a MB C300), still yakking, throw bags in car, and slam the trunk closed...with my keys still on the carabiner on my flight bag...ARGH

So I call the auto club and my senior daughter.. who drives across the city to our place for the other set of keys. CAA arrives and gets into the car (with the alarm) but the trunk won't open (German logic, you broke in! I'll be damned if I'll let you in my trunk...). So daughter gets to the house... Hey!! I heard you can trip the lock over the phone...

NO YOU CAN'T!! ARGH

(and then my sweety 0:) drove back across the city to the airport parking lot and rescued her dull old Dad. :grin:)

·
Premium Member
14,685 Posts
Flieger don,t you miss the good old Days with a hidden Key under the Bumper or Fender..... but wait there is more for only $ 19.95 a month you too can become a Member of the secret Kofferaum Klub and never been locked out of your car.......call now call now

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Hey JJ!!! I "heard" a rumor you had retired...I'm sending you a pm shortly..

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
My Dads Wife told me it is so hot in Germany right now that the Autobahn start to buckle again.
Currently down in the South of France and been around 32 to 35'c every day..
Though had 38'c on Monday, while departing Chambéry, heading South into the Alps..
Went out today for a 100 mile drive along the coast from Cannes to Saint Maxime and had to put the roof up for a hour to cool down... :frown:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Currently down in the South of France and been around 32 to 35'c every day..
Though had 38'c on Monday, while departing Chambéry, heading South into the Alps..
Went out today for a 100 mile drive along the coast from Cannes to Saint Maxime and had to put the roof up for a hour to cool down... :frown:
Hi Trev... glad you are enjoying some wonderful weather... and not too hot (our commune is experiencing circa 40c in the shade.. phew (dangerous for elderly/kids)

Many years ago a french friend advised us to put the hood UP on our convertible, during the hottest hours of the day. Being English we wanted to make the most of the unusual amount of sun, so it took us a while to follow his good advice. Nowadays, we chuckle to see Brits driving topdown ....red-faced and perspiring, but resolute.:wink:

With our SLK we have the best of all worlds..thank heavens for aircon...:grin:
hope the rest of your trip is just as enjoyable..:x

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Hiya..

No, the Tour de France does not come near us.. We are a tiny village between Limoges/Perigueux, well away from the official routes..

BUT...this year we suddenly received 5 day's notice that the Tour de Dordogne would be racing through our sleepy village. Yippee !

Kids were looking forward to a school-free afternoon with ices/drinks as they cheered the passing cyclists and many of us were asked to help man the temporary road-closure barricades.. even the never-ending paperwork was completed... phew...and we were all set....our village would have its 15 minutes of fame and glory !! :grin::grin::grin:

Then, with 2 days to go.... the Prefet refused his permission for another Commune to close/divert a main road somewhere, .many kilometres away.

Nothing to do with us, but the whole Tour route had to be changed...and in the resulting chaos, our little village was chopped !! :frown::frown::frown:

Lots of very sad kiddies.. but personally, as it topped 43c with relentless sunshine and no wind on the day in question.. I was quite relieved not be standing outside, getting baked ! >:D

The heatwave is continuing here despite what the Meteo tells us.. our village has temps in the 40's nearly every day... phew.. someone please do a raindance.. ..:wink:

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
we were in Le Bugue

in early June. 35degrees then as well. I had to buy a long-sleeved shirt as I was burning up, but wearing a jacket was a touch too formal to keep the sun off me.:grin:

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
in early June. 35degrees then as well. I had to buy a long-sleeved shirt as I was burning up, but wearing a jacket was a touch too formal to keep the sun off me.:grin:
It is still touching 40c in this part of the world...:wink:

We tend to hide indoors in the relative cool... then stay up late into the night.. getting very continental in my old age..:grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts