Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK55 AMG
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving along a two lane with a sweeping curve leading to a merger into a single lane situation.
Now some background here, I hate merge situations as I never trust what the other morons are going to do.

I saw a gap and made a legal lane change then accelerated out of it to get ahead of the merge and that is when the lights went on behind me, I must have been blind not to see the mufti cop but it happened.

So I was sitting there pulled over I shut off the car straight away as I didn't want the sound of it to be a problem. I was dreading this scenario, having a cop wander around the car looking for anything they could to pink sticker it (that is a window sticker that is almost impossible to remove ordering an "unsafe" vehicle off the road).

It did not go as I expected.
He walked up to the car and the first thing he said was "dammmn bro, thats a sweet ride", he walked around it but it was only to admire it.
Now that is when I thought the friendliness had ended as he asked me "were you taking the p*ss back there" see the cop was directly behind me in the lane I transititioned to so to him it looked like I changed into his lane and basically floored it.
I told him if I had of realized he was a cop I would not have accelerated so forcefully. and he seemed to believe that, in this case it was the truth also.

He went through the obligitory lecture, watch your speed etc then walked backed to his car and watched as I pulled out, he was smiling so I think he appreciated the sound of it.

So yeah first time being pulled over in the SLK and I got very lucky.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,192 Posts
Was driving along a two lane with a sweeping curve leading to a merger into a single lane situation.
Now some background here, I hate merge situations as I never trust what the other morons are going to do.

I saw a gap and made a legal lane change then accelerated out of it to get ahead of the merge and that is when the lights went on behind me, I must have been blind not to see the mufti cop but it happened.

So I was sitting there pulled over I shut off the car straight away as I didn't want the sound of it to be a problem. I was dreading this scenario, having a cop wander around the car looking for anything they could to pink sticker it (that is a window sticker that is almost impossible to remove ordering an "unsafe" vehicle off the road).

It did not go as I expected.
He walked up to the car and the first thing he said was "dammmn bro, thats a sweet ride", he walked around it but it was only to admire it.
Now that is when I thought the friendliness had ended as he asked me "were you taking the p*ss back there" see the cop was directly behind me in the lane I transititioned to so to him it looked like I changed into his lane and basically floored it.
I told him if I had of realized he was a cop I would not have accelerated so forcefully. and he seemed to believe that, in this case it was the truth also.

He went through the obligitory lecture, watch your speed etc then walked backed to his car and watched as I pulled out, he was smiling so I think he appreciated the sound of it.

So yeah first time being pulled over in the SLK and I got very lucky.
Do you have a SmartTop? What a great opportunity to really impress him. He could have taken a video!

https://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

·
94,192 Posts

·
94,192 Posts
My posse :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
976 Posts
@Paradox, I had a similar experience in my '05 55 on an inter-state freeway. And like you, the cop did a walk-around "tour" of the car before arriving at my driver side door... His first words were "Nice ride".... I said.. thanks. But he was all business afterwards... I was doing 92 in a 75 zone and did I know how fast I was going? I said I didn't... he did issue me a moving violation - speeding. One of many tickets I received driving that '55. Not quite as lucky...

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG Silver
1,641 Posts

·
94,192 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts